We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel in Sandton

Lagos, Nigeria
1 post
Save Topic
Cheap hotel in Sandton

Hi guys, I need a cheap but decent hotel for two nights with easy access to ;

6th Floor Office Tower Sandton City

Corner of Rivonia Road and 5th Street,

Santon, 2146

South Africa

I'm not too fussed about the hotel as long as it has clean sheets, a shower and is within walking distance of a place/places to get food to eat. Any recommendations greatly appreciated. Thank you; )

6 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4 673 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap hotel in Sandton

"Cheap", is of course relative, and subjective.

One mans "cheap" may be too expensive for the next man.

An idea of the size of your budget would probably elicit some more responses, some of which may be helpful.

However......Sandton is arguably the most expensive area of Johannesburg, and I wish you good luck in your search, but I think you will be hard pressed to find what you are looking for, that close to Sandton City.

Level Contributor
863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap hotel in Sandton

You might try Amba Court , think it could fit your requirements and is very budget friendly . Please note I haven't stayed there and have no knowledge of it , beyond what my friend Google gives me . Treat it as a suggestion, not a recommendation.

Jamshedpur, India
Level Contributor
92 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap hotel in Sandton

Stayed in Rivonia B&B and Garden Court Morningside. Both the hotels are good for stay. You need to check whether these are within you budget or not.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap hotel in Sandton

Garden Court Sandton City (not Garden Court Sandton) is my hotel of choice for the cheapest right on the mall. The mall is directly across the road from this hotel and you enter it through a side door on Michelangelo. Just ask security for directions. Even my kids can cross at night alone. Security is milling around everywhere.

Alternatively, airbnb has ridiculously cheap prices for Michelangelo apartments and Raphael Suites which dont require you to exit building to get to Sandton City. Esome Airbnb are even cheaper than Garden Court (but ofcourse usually fully booked). You can use lifts and escalators and you are in Sandton city building as Michelangelo, Raphael, daVinci, Intercontinental and Southern Sun are all joined together with skywalks.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2 279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap hotel in Sandton

M5982 etc, there's a good chance the OP came and went some time ago. Digging up dead threads just clogs the forum.

Level Contributor
39 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap hotel in Sandton

Cheap? I thought the Garden Court Sandton across from Nelson Mandela Sq was budget friendly. It was less than $100 night USD for a double bed with full breakfast included.

Reply to: Cheap hotel in Sandton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandton