We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great restaurant around Sandton

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3 019 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Great restaurant around Sandton

A small group of friends are crossing paths in Sandton for one night in February. We all love excellent food, good South African wines, and atmosphere. We tried to book Five Hundred at The Saxon but it is full the night we want to go. Any recommendations would be welcomed.

4 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great restaurant around Sandton

The Cube Tasting Kitchen is a great option - but you need to take your own wine.

DW 11-13 is another high end place tucked away at the back of a Shopping Centre in Dunkeld.

I quite like eateryJHB near Benmore Gardens - it only has a small menu (4 dishes each for starters and mains) but I think has a really cozy atmosphere.

You could also try Assagi (Italian) or Escondido (Spanish Tapas), these are in the Post Office in Illovo. Both good but also difficult to get into.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3 019 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great restaurant around Sandton

Thanks Andrew. Cube Kitchen looks awesome, and will give that a try for sure. But eateryJHB also look great. Maybe try that next time.

Thanks once a again.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great restaurant around Sandton

You an also try Thomas Maxwell bistro. Great food and atmosphere.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3 019 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great restaurant around Sandton

Cube Tasting Kitchen was awesome. All of the first courses of canapé's come with cocktails, and then we had wine with the rest of the meal. I would highly, highly recommend going.

Reply to: Great restaurant around Sandton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandton