We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Inn VS Protea Hotel Balalaika

Lusaka, Zambia
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Park Inn VS Protea Hotel Balalaika

Greetings,

I plan on travelling to Sandton, Johannesburg with my husband between Christmas time and New Years Eve 2015. The trip is strictly meant for shopping at the Sandton City Shopping Center, We would like to be as close to the mall as possible.

Which one of the two hotels is closest to the Sandton Shopping Center (walking distance)?

Is it safe to walk from the mall to any of the two hotels in the evenings, lets say 7pm?

Thank you.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
55 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Inn VS Protea Hotel Balalaika

The Balalaika Hotel is much closer to Sandton City than the Park Inn. If you stay at the Balalaika there are security guards day and night on the route between the two and as long as you are aware you should be about as safe as in any other major City around the world at night. The Park Inn on the other hand is too far to walk back to at night in my opinion.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Inn VS Protea Hotel Balalaika

Balalaika also have free shuttles to Sandton City until 20H00.

3. Re: Park Inn VS Protea Hotel Balalaika

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Sandton