We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap laundry

lisbon
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap laundry

Am staying in Sandton soon and hoping to avoid the outrageous price all hotels charge for washing.

Any ideas on reliable and cheap Laundromat nearby, or other washing washing service?

Cheers

7 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5 029 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap laundry

I am certainly no expert on Launderettes.

My daughter had occasion to use one recently, and was horrified at the cost.

It seems that the hotel service may actually be cheaper (based on hearsay, not personal experience).

I would have thought that with the current favourable ( for visitors) Euro/rand exchange rate, laundry costs would be a non issue.

However, I did a little web searching, and this is what I found.

There may be others, but Isuggest that your best bet, would be to look in the Yellow Pages when you are in Sandton.

sandtoncity.com/libproperties/…

…yalwa.co.za/ID_102278927/laundry-City-Drycl…

…yalwa.co.za/ID_102278927/laundry-City-Drycl…

http://www.neelsironing.co.za/prices.php

southafrica.net/za/…travel-tip-laundry

www.netpages.co.za/Sandton/Launderettes

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap laundry

I'd definitely check your hotel first. If you are in a serviced apartment it is possible they will do the laundry as part of your rate.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap laundry

Hi there, we had great success with Mario at The Village Wash Launderette. His phone number is +27 76 789 1260. They primarily do commercial washing, but in a pinch we called him up and he picked up our laundry and had it returned washed and folded nicely the next day. The price was very reasonable and per kg, rather than per piece like at a hotel. He's open to private laundry services so recommend you give him a call to find out availability. Good luck!

4. Re: Cheap laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2016, 11:35

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5 029 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap laundry

Surely you could have washed your own socks, and "smalls" yourself, in your hotel bathroom.

I do, and so do many, I expect :)

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap laundry

Just Laundry - these guys offer a pickup and delivery service anywhere in Gauteng. All you have to do is make a simple booking online and a driver will be at your door at a time suitable for you.

Just make a booking online through www.justlaundry.co.za

Edited: 12 March 2017, 08:20
Keystone Heights...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap laundry

Look to drop off laundry at just laundry but Google maps gave me a bad address. Found a good laundry service at Laundry Corporation at 140 Eleven the street for wash &fold delivery back to Marriott hotel.

Reply to: Cheap laundry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandton