We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hand craft shop

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
816 posts
226 reviews
130 helpful votes
Hand craft shop

Does anyone know of a shop selling knitting wool and craft supplies in Bloemfontein? I can;t find anything on the internet

7 replies to this topic
Gauteng, South...
Level Contributor
5 494 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Hand craft shop

Gosh how disillusioning: I'd have thought somewhere like Bloem would be bristling with them! Does no-one do this stuff any more??

Anyway I came across an online community called http://www.in2crafts.co.za - may be worth checking on there.

If you really don't come right, Arthur Bales in Jhb are wonderful, and they may even know of outlets in the Free State.

2. Re: Hand craft shop

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
816 posts
226 reviews
130 helpful votes
3. Re: Hand craft shop

Handcraft seems to be a dying art......... I was in JHB this weekend and visited Arthur Bales - it was FAB! :) I desperately need something in Bloem as I screwed up and forgot to get something in JHB- Blonde moment. Will check out the link - Thanks so much!

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
816 posts
226 reviews
130 helpful votes
4. Re: Hand craft shop

Thanks Gavin - have now called almost all of them - they are in fact manufactures of woven garments would you believe? AARGH!

5. Re: Hand craft shop

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
446 posts
76 reviews
30 helpful votes
6. Re: Hand craft shop

There is a small place that sells wool just down from New York New York restaurant if I remember right. Maybe try giving the Hobbit hotel a ring as it is close by. They are always very helpful and may think of something.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
816 posts
226 reviews
130 helpful votes
7. Re: Hand craft shop

Hmmmmmm........... If I am desperate...... maybe that's a plan :)

Reply to: Hand craft shop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bloemfontein
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.