We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 578 posts
463 reviews
508 helpful votes
Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?

Can i find public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) in Bloemfontein ? A shuttle or bus ? Or only shared taxis ?

Thank you, Pierre

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?

Hi Pierre,

I am in the same situation. I need to find a place and bus in Bloemfontein to reach Maseru. Di you find a bus rank and connection? Thank you.

Kris

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 578 posts
463 reviews
508 helpful votes
2. Re: Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?

There are minibus taxis to the border post at Maseru, leaving from the Bloemfontein central minibus taxi ranks.. Of course you must wait till the vehicle fills up, which can take hours, otherwise it is fine.

I travelled around Lesotho by public transport too (and some hiking).

Edited: 2 years ago
2 posts
3. Re: Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?

Is there any public transport from Maseru to Bloemfontein. How much is it and what is their schedule for friday

2 posts
4. Re: Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?

Is there any public transport from Maseru to Bloemfontein. How much is it and what is their schedule for friday

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 578 posts
463 reviews
508 helpful votes
5. Re: Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?

Yes you cross the border on foot and there will be minibus taxis there. I can't remember the price but it is not expensive. They will leave when they are full.

Edited: 10 April 2024, 22:16
Reply to: Public transport to Lesotho (Maseru) ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bloemfontein
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.