We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 stay and multiple day trips

Holland
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
1 stay and multiple day trips

Hi

My holiday in South Africa next month is almost sorted.. Except for a few things.

So we arrive the 4th of oct in Port Elizabeth and have to leave 16 oct from CapeTown. We have around 12 days. Is plettenberg Bay good to use as a base to explor Knysna, storms river, Jeffrey's bay, Wilderness..

What would you recommend? I want to go surfing in Plett.. Black water tubing in Rivers mouth, Surfing in J'bay, Maybe some hiking or horseriding somewhere else. But don't know what the best option is and how far all the drives are.. an hour seems oke, don't feel like packing and unpacking everyday

Hope someone can give me advise . Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Plettenberg Bay...
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 stay and multiple day trips

If you enjoy the outdoors (as it appears you do) then Plett is a great base. Only exception is that I would suggest staying in Jeffrey's Bay en-route from Port Elizabeth to Plett as its about a 1.5 drive away.

Level Contributor
863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 stay and multiple day trips

Jeffrey bay also offers horse riding option along the coast , there are reviews of the companies offering this on trip advisor. If you are looking at surfing at Jeffrey bay , then overnight there on your way to Plettenberg bay. From Plett you can day trip the garden route, however depending on the number of nights you have ,I would be tempted to spend a night or two in the Wilderness, it's beautifull, laid back and I love it .There is also surfing at Vic Bay close by , Enjoy

Holland
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 stay and multiple day trips

Yes,We really enjoy the outdoors. i have 12 days untill we fly back home from CT. So Jeffreys bay, Plett.. Wilderness would be a good option. We're skipping oudtshoorn etc.. So after that. drive straight to cape town.and spend the last few days there... i've heard that thats a beautifull scenery..

Reply to: 1 stay and multiple day trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Plettenberg Bay
Recent Conversations