We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in October 2015

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
296 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire in October 2015

We will have 2 days to spend in Plettenberg Bay in October this year. We're thinking about hiring a car & seeing the local surroundings, but I'm not sure if to book it now, or wait until we get there & do it on the day.

We're not too fussed about the type of car, but it should be an automatic.

Do you think it's to risky to wait until we're there to arrange the hire? I'm not sure how busy or big Plett is, and wonder if we may miss out if we don't book ahead?

What do you think?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
955 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire in October 2015

You must book ahead - it is usually cheaper that way and Plett is not a large city so you may not get what you want at the last minute.

Francoise Armour, Tours du Cap

Berkeley, California
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire in October 2015

I'll be in Plettsberg in November and was trying to find out about local car rentals. Please share what you learn/experience.

Maylou

Berkeley, CA. uSA

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6 298 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire in October 2015

Definitely book ahead if you want an automatic. They are not popular here.

4. Re: Car hire in October 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2016, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Plettenberg Bay
Recent Conversations