We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
pecsherr1
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
64 helpful votes
1. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

There are six of us that would like to go on Safari to Inkwenezior Mpongo from East London Jan 12, 2019. When we contacted the reserve direct they said ‘go through your cruise ship’. Any suggestions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 325 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Day trips booked through the cruise company tend to be a lot more expensive than if you book them privately.

pecsherr1
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
64 helpful votes
3. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Oh yes, I well know! That’s why I’m looking for alternative! 🙂

Port Elizabeth
Level Contributor
6 578 posts
4. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Inkwenezi is quite a small reserve (never heard of Mpongo, but presume it is too) so the cruise ship might have bought all available places for the day.

Port Elizabeth is much easier as there are far more alternatives, including hiring a car and doing a self-drive in Addo.

pecsherr1
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
64 helpful votes
5. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Yes, thank you. That is an excellent point. We are actually doing Addo the next day.....

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
90 reviews
58 helpful votes
6. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Hi, I am an upcoming cruise ship passenger in January 2019. There are 4 in our party. Do you have a contact whom you could recommend to take us to see the animals? Are there more than giraffes?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
90 reviews
58 helpful votes
7. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Did you find an answer? I think we are on the same ship, the Nautica. I feel your frustration!

Edited: 6 years ago
pecsherr1
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
64 helpful votes
8. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Yes Nautica, game park, No.... the closest I came to an answer was both parks are small and ‘best guess’ is that they have booked all available spots.... Go to cruise critic and sign up for our roll call thread....

Gauteng, South...
Level Contributor
5 493 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Cruise Ship Passengers - Day trips to Game Reserves anyone ?

Mpongo (what a silly name) appears from its website to offer cub petting and Inkwenkwezi makes a big deal of its elephant interactions. So neither cuts it ethically.

Get answers to your questions about East London
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.