We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Any recommendations on a cheap beer? On a tight budget, but real thirsty 😂

Also, any happy hours I should know about that are really good value?

12 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
7 902 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Good soda: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g… . Very basic small place, popular with locals and tourists. Prices were good. I cannot recall the price of the beer, but we had beer, a shake, 2 entrées, and portions were big and the bill was surprisingly low even for a soda, or so we thought. A review from Jan. 2018 said the beer was 1200 CRC.

Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Thank you! I will definitely check it out, the food looks awesome...

Also, I just had a margarita pizza bread slice that was huge from the Puerto Viejo bakery (just FYI for anyone looking for budget eats)! It definitely filled me up, and was really tasty...

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17 358 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Nice 👍! Will try one 8n about 4 months time. Report on other finds!

Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Will do!

Canada
Level Contributor
4 632 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

In every dive cantina that the locals hang out you will always find beer specials. Sometimes cheaper than the grocery store.

Not so much in touristic spots.

Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Yeah, we used that tactic in most places! Bulk buys for the win haha! But Puerto Viejo we haven’t found much in the way of that, any recommendations?

And for all those still looking for budget eats, there is a pizza shop near the mega grocer and they sell a margarita pizza for $3000 colons- haven’t tried this yet, but will try tomorrow and post how it was!

Level Contributor
182 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

Can anyone here recommend any dive cantinas that the locals hang out at with beer specials in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita?

Mentioned in this post
Cahuita
Cahuita
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
7 902 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

@7, see post 1. Popular with locals and some visitors.

In Cahuita, most places to eat are located along 1 small main Street, both the sides. They are half open, so Easy to walk by and see who is inside and the prices. Many have many displays outside, too.

Mentioned in this post
Cahuita
Cahuita
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 313 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

The pizza always looked so good there but i never tried it.. cheap prices were always posted.

There is a little place I believe it's on avienda 69 . They have a stand . Empanadas are delicious. They have other stuff - tried the chicharrones - great place to stop for a snacks the day after you have a few too many of those cheap beers . Been there ... done it.

Canada
Level Contributor
4 632 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?

There is actually a pretty decent open air dive bar cantina in the hotel right beside the beach at the entrance to the national park. Not as cheap as some because of the location but decent. Never tried the food.

Reply to: Cheap beer in any restaurant/bar/soda?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted