We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Pinilla Playa Langosta access

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Hacienda Pinilla Playa Langosta access

I'm curious if it is possible to walk on the beach from the HP access point of Playa Langosta to the PL beach club etc?

4 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50 807 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Hacienda Pinilla Playa Langosta access

Good question...security people at Pinilla can try to make your hike hard...remmebre that all beaches in Costa Rica are open for every body...but Pinilla people love to show power....very ugly people.

roadadfvisor

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
945 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Hacienda Pinilla Playa Langosta access

Yes, it is possible, although I don't recommend it. You will have to cross an estuary next to the Occidental Langosta (the former Barcelo Langosta). Depending on the tide and season, it could be fairly deep and the current can be strong. I have not heard of any crocodiles in that estuary, but they are in the estuary at the north end of Playa Tamarindo.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9 444 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Hacienda Pinilla Playa Langosta access

The OP stayed at the Hacienda Pinilla (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g309253…) in 2017. The review was positive.

Were they "ugly"?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Hacienda Pinilla Playa Langosta access

We had only positive, though limited, interactions with any security or staff at the HP beach club. The rental staff were friendly and helpful. There were many people (including us) freely walking to/from JW and Lola's as well. Thanks for the info on the estuary!.We'll just make the short drive and make a day of it!

Reply to: Hacienda Pinilla Playa Langosta access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo