We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Best area and property for our family

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Help! Best area and property for our family

We have been to PCB and while I enjoyed it, it was a bit too crowded for my family who likes Hilton head with the layed back feel. So, we are looking into other options for the spring/summer. We love an area where there are plenty of places near to eat, shop and things to do. We usually rent a 3 bedroom oceanfront condo with a balcony and love having a pool bar with food and drinks on site. I haven't been able to find what I am looking for, so I thought maybe someone had some ideas? Orange beach, gulf shores or Pensacola? Any help and suggestions are so appreciated!

10 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 748 posts
206 reviews
1. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

Not many condos here have good drinks onsite. Sugar beach used to do check it out. You can stay near Florabama and walk there. 2 restaurants across street. Spanish key is a 3/3 that’s nice

Edited: 08 September 2018, 17:22
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 596 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

Turquoise Place has what you need. Luxury three bedroom Gulf-front condos with great amenities including a pool-side tiki bar. Right in the middle of Orange Beach with good restaurants all around.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

Thank you!! It looks perfect!

4. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 September 2018, 18:45

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
342 posts
5. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

We are excited that you are considering our beach area and are confident that you will have a great time. To assist with you planning, may we suggest downloading or ordering a free vacation guide https://www.gulfshores.com/lodging?

Morris, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
118 reviews
6. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

You really cannot go wrong with OB or GS. Personally we have stayed away from GS west as there are not many restaurants close by or within easy walking distance. Check out google street view of the area. OB and GS have a small town feel to them. We always enjoy our winters there. If you have young kids they will love the beach area around the Hangout. Avoid the Fort Morgan area as it is off the beaten track, but it is a great area if you are looking for a quiet stay. Have a great time!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

Thank you for all the help! It is overwhelming when planning a family vacation to a new destination! While turquoise place looks perfect, it is more than we wanted to spend ( with airfare and car rental) so.. I was looking at SeaChase. Any feedback other than the reviews on trip advisor? I guess I am still Goin back and forth between Gulf Shores, Orange beach

and Pensacola beach. ? We want to be in an area with gulf front restaurants, shopping and not crazy busy like Destin with all the traffic. We love to eat with the water views, and have shopping and fishing nearby. We loved the restaurants in PCB ( pineapple wilies) if that helps with suggestions. Again, Any suggestions are so appreciated!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 596 posts
80 reviews
8. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

Orange Beach and Gulf Shores are basically the same community separated by a state park in the middle. Just pick the condo you like best in you budget. Most all condos are individually owned and vary greatly depending on how recently they have been remodeled and/or refurnished. Be sure to look at pictures and individual reviews of any units you are interested in.

That being said, Seachase is a nice property with fairly large condos. But there are many other nice complexes as well. Phoenix West and West II come to mind. And in Gulf Shores there is the brand new Phoenix Gulf Shores and The Lighthouse among others.

If you are looking for a full condo resort with numerous on-site dining options, a spa, health club, and private beach, The Beach Club in Fort Morgan is a great choice. They have a pool-side bar as well.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 748 posts
206 reviews
9. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

Look at Spanish Key !! They are 3 BR/3BA and walking distance to Florabama yacht club which is on Ole River. Great food and live music! Also the crab trap is walkable from there. Many restaurants are close. The Gulf, Sunset Grill are on water

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: Help! Best area and property for our family

Thank you for all the great suggestions ! I will check them all out ! I really appreciate all the input and help !

Reply to: Help! Best area and property for our family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach