We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 954 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

I will be reaching LTT at 11.30 am. Can someone please let me know if I can go to Mahalaxmi mandir (near Haji ali) by local train. If yes where should I change the train.

Thanks for the replies.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
7 686 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

Hi Mr. Sanjeev

You will have to cross over and come to local Tilak Nagar Railway Station and take CST (Harbour) Local.

Alight at Kurla and take train to CST (Main) Local.

Alight at Dadar and cross over to Western Railway and take Churchgate Local.

Alight at Mahalaxmi.

Take a bus to Mahalaxmi Temple.

Alternatively

Cross over to local Tilak Nagar Railway Station and take CST (Harbour) Local.

Alight at Kurla and take train to CST (Main) Local.

Alight at Byculla Station and on west side take a bus to Mahalaxmi Temple.

CarLink

Edited: 08 March 2014, 08:07
Mumbai
Level Contributor
7 686 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

In case you hire a taxi, it will cost around Rs. 350. The distance by road is 17 kms.

CarLink

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 954 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

Thanks a lot.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1 923 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

Hi,

Allow me to give you less complex way to travel to Mahalaxmi at low expenditure.

Please come to Tilak Nagar local railway station and then take a CST harbour train. Get down at Sandhurst Road station and take a taxi to Mahalaxmi temple. The distance is not much so it would be under Rs. 100/- max. The area outside Sandhurst Road station is extremely crowded and getting taxi may be a difficulty. To avoid that you can get down at Rey Road or Cotton Green station and take a cab which would little easy. Expenses would not vary much.

Sanjiv

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 954 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

Yes Sanjiv, I have noted.

All replies really helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12 021 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

Mahalakshmi Temple is not within walking distance of Mahalakshmi station or any other station. If you are coming with baggage it is difficult to change trains, then taxi, etc. Better to take a local taxi. Or come to Sion by taxi/auto and take the bus to Mahalakshmi (I think 63 number bus goes there).

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2 954 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

I am back from my visit and I thought I would follow it up for the benefit of other travelers.

I reached LTT at about 11.45 AM and proceeded to Tilak Nagar local railway station. Bought a ticket for Sandhurst Road station (Rs10 ) and proceeded to platform No 2. But to my astonishment the train was so packed that I (also few others people) could not even enter the train (it was Sunday). I waited for another train and this too was highly packed.

I came back outside and took a cab which costed me Rs. 240 for Mahalaxmi Temple.

Thanks for the reply, Deepa.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 15:16
8. Re: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus) to Mahalaxmi Mandir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Mumbai (Bombay)