We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makarska, Omis, Brela for a beautiful base in May hols?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
Makarska, Omis, Brela for a beautiful base in May hols?

Hi All

This is first time to Croatia for us, we were gonna book Skopelos in Greece - beautiful island were we got married, chilled but not much there, so decided on somewhere new, and Croatia looks similar! I have been looking at Makarska, Omis and Brela as a base to stay for 10 days in a beautiful spot, mainly to chill by the sea with our 6 yr old, but have a good range of restaurants and cafes for evenings to keep us occupied. Don't want it too busy or noisy at night. We will get a car and visit the beautiful national parks, Split and an island. I am preferring Markarska but looking at google street view and pics it looks sooo busy, Brela 2nd, but we will be going in May school hols not July.

I'm so picky when I go somewhere new, I research to death - too much money and only 1 holiday per year so don't want to waste it! :) Tripadvisor is fab, sorted me everytime thanks!

Just to help with the decision- I am a sucker for pretty lakes/mountain views/greenery some boats to look at, and beautiful little coves with small beaches - I'm not into flat, large vast beaches, and hate brits-abroad places, sorry Im a brit, but you know what I mean!

Fave places I've been so far are are Italian lakes, Skopelos -greece, austria - Halstatt and Berchtesgaden in Germany, So not at all fussy (ha ha ha). So if there is anywhere that comes close to any of those then it would be marvelous!! Croatia looks so pretty and clean so I'm sure it will be right up our street! only wish I could go out of school holidays! Thank You for any advice and sorry about the waffle!!

Suzanne

22 replies to this topic
Lancashire
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
21. Re: Makarska, Omis, Brela for a beautiful base in May hols?

Ooh lovely, sounds perfect. Cant wait!! Thank you all!!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8 259 posts
516 reviews
22. Re: Makarska, Omis, Brela for a beautiful base in May hols?

Do visit the Mt Biokovo Nature Park above Makarska too

https://pp-biokovo.hr/en/20/home

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Reply to: Makarska, Omis, Brela for a beautiful base in May hols?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Makarska
Recent Conversations