We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planet cruise

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
8 posts
117 reviews
Planet cruise

Glossy TV show and some good cruise deals .... However, once you've made a booking and they

have taken your money, the aftersales service is the worst that I've encountered in over 30 years

of extensive travelling. Mistakes, promises, false information, totaly different than how the company portrays itself on the tv programme.

Prices may be good, but I'd rather pay a bit extra to get better aftersales service / correct information and people who might be bothered to return you calls and emails.

I would not make a booking with Planet Cruise ever again (Not even from Dover to Calais!)

71 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
61. Re: Planet cruise

We have a current issue with Planet Cruise as it gives a price guarantee if we bring it to their attention within 2 hours of booking. I found it cheaper elsewhere within the designated time and let them know, which I did by 'phone and email. Their representative called me and said that the price guarantee had now been taken off the website which it hadn't, it was still there. The price I paid is £3632 and was quickly found for £3,502. They then did not bother to answer my 3 emails. I regret booking with these people now.

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
62. Re: Planet cruise

Yes I am sure you do regret dealing with them. They are a shocking organisation to deal with. I only got what I wanted when I reported them to ABTA, strangely they listened to them and they backed down and agreed they were in the wrong and apologised! Try it if you don’t get satisfaction with their complaints department. Bear with them as that department must be so busy with complaints!! Why on earth they get TV time on that shopping channel I will never know. For anyone else reading this steer clear of Planet Cruise they are a terrible company to deal with.

63. Re: Planet cruise

@ Casafiori – we do have a long-standing price match guarantee on like for like services. Please DM me your details and I would be happy to look into your situation to make sure all details are as they should be.

@Tony- I am very sorry you were not happy with the service you received from us.

Planet Cruise is a well-established agency, who have earnt many awards through the years and offer a great travel service for customers.

We are always happy to correct any error we make, as well as work with services like ABTA when needed, to find a fair outcome.

Our continued investment in our staff, products and services, as well as our continuous improvement, have come a long way since 2014 and we hope you give us a chance to show this.

I am always happy to chat if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me.

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
64. Re: Planet cruise

Thank you Rebecca for your comments. I am sorry but after all the stress your company caused us in 2014 we vowed never to give you any more business. If you look into my complains you will see I didn’t list everything on here.

Your dealings with us at the time was diabolical with lies from staff. We had to insist that you listened to your recordings of our calls to you. We were branded lying but in the end you realised we were telling the truth and it was your staff who weren’t. So as much as you say things have changed now we would NEVER come back to your company. We use more professional companies now and have not had any problems.....sorry. Not your fault I know.

Brighouse Yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
65. Re: Planet cruise

Just come back from our third cruise booked through planet cruise and once again they were superb. From start to finish everything went as smooth as we could have asked for. The transfers, accommodation and cruise was just as promised. I never had to badger them for tickets or additional information. Everything was sent in good time.

I understand there will be times they makes mistakes and get things wrong, but who doesn't?. The problem you have is, generally, the only people to comment are those with complaints, so the view becomes a bit one sided. As I stated, this is our third holiday booked through planet cruise and everyone has been excellent.

Forfar
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
66. Re: Planet cruise

Agree totally after sales are shambolic would never book with them again

2 posts
1 review
67. Re: Planet cruise

Absolutely spot on. They are the worst travel company I have ever had the misfortune to have dealings with. Lie through their teeth,get your money and then hang you out to dry. Planet Cruise are an utterly disgrace as is their CEO. Stylish clear.

68. Re: Planet cruise

@ Samur23 and @Barry A,

I am sorry to hear you have experienced anything other than our desired high-level of service. If you both DM your references I would be happy to look into your bookings and help where possible.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
69. Re: Planet cruise

I have travelled with Planetcruise before and have had no problems. Unfortunately, you only really know a company when things go wrong and how the company deals with the problems then. I must say, after Planetcruise booking our cruise with flights on EasyJet, the return flight was cancelled 21 hours before it was scheduled to depart and Planetcruise offered a flight to the wrong London airport but said they would pay for a taxi to the correct airport upon submission of a valid receipt. Now they won’t even reply to my emails!!! They answer my calls but say I need to correspond by email to resolve this. Also, any compensation for the cancelled flight needs to be actioned by Planetcruise as they booked the flight - what a joke?

Small claims court action required? Any better ways?

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
70. Re: Planet cruise

I have travelled with Planetcruise before and have had no problems. Unfortunately, you only really know a company when things go wrong and how the company deals with the problems then. I must say, after Planetcruise booking our cruise with flights on EasyJet, the return flight was cancelled 21 hours before it was scheduled to depart and Planetcruise offered a flight to the wrong London airport but said they would pay for a taxi to the correct airport upon submission of a valid receipt. Now they won’t even reply to my emails!!! They answer my calls but say I need to correspond by email to resolve this. Also, any compensation for the cancelled flight needs to be actioned by Planetcruise as they booked the flight - what a joke?

Small claims court action required? Any better ways?

Reply to: Planet cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sao Paulo