We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GRU to Campinas car service

St. Paul, MN USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
GRU to Campinas car service
Save

Am flying from US to GRU soon and then going to Campinas. What are travel options to get there? Am preferably looking for a reliable car service that will meet me at airport. Any recommendations? Cost?

4 replies to this topic
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
10 919 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: GRU to Campinas car service
Save

dont know about car services.

but Uber will take you there.... different classes of service available at GRU (UberX, Black etc)... use Uber webpage for an estimate.... likely cheaper option... everyone here uses Uber... free wifi at GRU to summon Uber car.... not all drivers will want to go to Campinas, but one will accept the ride...

https://www.uber.com/global/en/airports/gru/

or use the taxi monopoly at GRU; called Guarucoop... it is a pre-set price; you pay with credit card at airport booth and you are done; no money due to driver.... it should be about 500 reais one way.

https://www.gru.com.br/en/passenger/to-from-gru-airport/taxi

[in case you do not have plane tkt yet... Azul flies nonstop from Fort Lauderdale to VCP airport in Campinas - currently not daily, I think 2x/week]

St. Paul, MN USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: GRU to Campinas car service
Save

Thank you.

(Already booked through GRU)

Jundiai, SP
Level Contributor
1 231 posts
28 reviews
27 helpful votes
3. Re: GRU to Campinas car service
Save

There is a bus service direct from GRU to Campinas. I believe it is the Lirabus company. The trip takes about two and a half hours, it is direct with no intermediate stops. Or take the Airport Express train to Luz, then Line 1 Underground to Tietê Station for a more frequent service to Campinas (Santa Cruz company is best)

london
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: GRU to Campinas car service
Save

The last time I took this route I took the bus to Campinas . It takes you to the main bus station in Campinas in just over two hours , then you can take a taxi from the main station to your final destination . However , I have returned to GRU to Campinas by UBER and cost me circa 300 Relias . That was in 2019 almost two years ago and thus factor this in your overall calculations . Either sector of the journey were comfortable and I was travelling solo with hand luggage only .

Reply to: GRU to Campinas car service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.