We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

It will be our first time in Brazil and hope to attend the F1 GP this November, so we would appreciate some advice on dos and don'ts on where it is best to stay and safe with some nightlife in Sao Paulo, and convenient to the subway/metro system that runs out to Interiagos Circuit.

Or can anyone advise other safe ways of travelling to and from the circuit, and any information that would be generally helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
State of Sao Paulo
5 replies to this topic
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6 608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

you can read advice on this thread below (and links therein)... it basically does not change year to year..

in sum, stay somewhere in Jardins area.... and then take the special dedicated buses (called Expresso SPTrans F1; it is run by public transit authority) that every year leave from Av Paulista close to the MASP-Trianon subway station (line 2 - green) to/from Interlagos race track (which is way south in the city and not an attractive area to stay).

like every year, the exact details for the special buses (prices etc) will only come out basically the week before the race itself... but it barely changes... you dont need to buy bus tkts in advance... it should be about 40 reais per person for round trip per day... something like US$10... these special buses run on Sat and Sun, but not Friday (in case you are going for all 3 days)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g30363…

SP subway map:

metro.sp.gov.br/pdf/mapa-da-rede-metro.pdf

in case you have not seen it, there is an official website (with English version) for the event; some helpful info there (e.g., what you cannot take into racetrack etc):

https://www.gpbrasil.com.br/en-us/

Mentioned in this post
Masp Restaurante
Masp Restaurante
418 Reviews
Sao Paulo, SP
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

would it be cheaper to buy tickets online or at the gate??? that’s my main concern

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6 608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

@LxP

not 100% sure, I think prices are the same.

take a look at the official website, simulate a purchase (without actually closing it...) and see if there are any "convenience" charges added to price.

also read the info about tkt collection... you dont get it online; you will need to pick it up in person.

Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

Hi,

Thanks for the information, but can you tell me are the tickets for Grandstand A, if I bought 3 are they in sequence and allocated to specific seats. Or is it a case of get there early for the first come first served for the best seat views?

Cheers Irishvisitor

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6 608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

have not been to the race in some years...

but I think spectators dont really adhere to seat assignments in Sector A...

maybe someone else who went there last couple of years will chime in...

Reply to: 2018 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sao Paulo