We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

london
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

Any idea about the bus timetable from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao .

Then returning from Campos Do jordao to Sao Paulo .

My flight goes to Campinas on purpose , going to Campos for few days than returning to Sao Paulo city not Airport .

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 866 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

One daily bus only from Campinas to Campos do Jordão: buscaonibus.com.br/en/…campos-do-jordao

Campos do Jordão to São Paulo:

buscaonibus.com.br/en/…sao-paulo

From São Paulo bus station (tiete) to airport:

http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas

london
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

I have checked the hotel Four Seasons in Campos Do Jordao and It looks doable . As for the bus service I think I will take the bus from Campinas to Tiete rather early in the morning . Have lunch in Sao Paulo at my favorite restaurant/Coffee shop Santo Grao in Oscar Freiri . Then I will catch an afternoon bus from Tiete to Campos . I figured that the first bus will take just over an hour & the second bus will take around three hours . I will than have far more options than limiting myself to just one bus from Campinas to Campos in 5 hours .

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 866 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

Its also possible go from Campinas to São José dos Campos or taubaté and go to Campos do Jordão. There are many more buses from São José to Campos or Taubaté to Campos do Jordão and its shorter path than coming to São Paulo.

The São Paulo bus station is far from Oscar freire. You will spend around 80 reais or possible more by taxi for a return to bus station.

If you wish, you can stop in São José dos Campos for eating something, its one of the biggest cities of the state and good options for eating there too. Or you can sleep there for one night, there are plenty business hotels in the city too.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1 284 posts
119 reviews
4. Re: Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

Tiete to Oscar Freire is reasonably straightforward by Metro though, changing at Luz to the Yellow Line and get off at Paulista, then probably pleasant 20 minute walk max to the Oscar Freiri coffee shop. Or you could taxi the last bit (it sounds as if the OP knows S.P. a bit at least).

Edited: 20 July 2015, 18:26
london
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

I have re-calculated my plans going to Campos Do Jordao . I have figured I have far more options going from Campinas to Sao J Dos Campos . Then have lunch there Sao J time permitting or go straight to Campos .

The travel time is only four hours than limiting myself with just one bus a day directly to Campos which takes 5 hours . The idea of Lunch at Santo Grao is nostalgic. I had a Lady friend in Sao Paulo years ago & I used to travel often and hang around in that area . She spoke fluent English though so I never had the zest to learn the local language. Now, I have to attend to some business in Campinas & I thought I should use the opportunity to explore other areas of SP a city I love dearly despite the occasional unfair publicity .

6. Re: Bus from Campinas to Campos Do Jordao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Campos Do Jordao