We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
728 posts
4 reviews
When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

We had to cancel our planned 2020 trip. We have given up on 2021. With the vaccination rate so low in the Philippines we are thinking 2022 is in doubt. Could it be 2023 before we can visit my wife's family? We haven't seen them since 2016. Wish we had gone in 2019.

7 replies to this topic
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3 298 posts
5 reviews
42 helpful votes
1. Re: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

I'll dust that crystal ball down again.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
31 243 posts
3 006 reviews
3 648 helpful votes
2. Re: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

No-one can tell you. I'm hoping 2022, Ive read that some experts are saying not until 2024.

Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
13 957 posts
979 reviews
329 helpful votes
3. Re: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

That is a question everybody wants to know. We had a lockdown in ourvtown last April but not so bad since then..Until they locked down several areas again yesterday

2 posts
4. Re: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

It looks increasingly unlikely this year. I think a 2022-2023 reopening seems more realistic.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
728 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

2021 is now almost gone. We have given up on 2022 and feel that 2023 is doubtful. Who knows about 2024?

Romblon Island...
Level Contributor
318 posts
6. Re: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

Please read the following Topic, i believe that the information in there may be a lot more accurate than some people are predicting in this Topic.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294261-i4630-k13737611-Philippines_opening_for_Asian_travelers-Cebu_Island_Visayas.html

I cannot see how anyone can rightfully predict late 2022 and beyond as a reopening time for this country, my belief for some time now is by mid 2022, and if it has not happened by then, well the people will just suffer even more.

Level Contributor
400 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Save

Appears to be pointless topic - polishing a crystal ball, reading tea leaves, picking messages out of a pot are all methods which will be just as good or bad at indicating when Ph border will fully re-open

Edited: 23 November 2021, 20:03
Reply to: When Will We Get To Visit Philippines?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manila
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.