We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

Hello!

I got a few questions for Le Meridian Hotel... as I am planning my honeymoon in the month of May.

1. My travel agent told me that he will include North Island, South Island and Ile Aux Cerfs along with a week's stay including only breakfast (and NOT DINNER). Is it a good deal?

2. We are pure vegetarians, so we may need to opt out for Dinner at some other places... Is McDonald's, Subway, etc. available nearby this hotel?

3. Is the hotel food to expensive for A-La-Carte or Buffet Menu?

Please suggest.

All your response are highly appreciated!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
47 139 posts
132 reviews
1. Re: Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

I can answer only #2.

McDonalds and Subway are at Grand Baie which is about a 20 minute drive.

For the rest of your questions I suggest you post a Question in Meridiens Q&A page in reviews here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
23 950 posts
2 424 reviews
2. Re: Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

I personally would want evening dinner included. If you paid for the evening meals whether it is buffet or at the Indian restaurant at the hotel as you went along it will be expensive. Taxis to grand baie and back will be expensive as well.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

Thank you for your replies...

Does McDonald's and Subway serve veg food over there.?. as it might be difficult for me to find out vegetarian food in that area... apart from Hotels...

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6 515 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

While trying to find the answer to your question online I came across this website which may be of interest to you.

restaurants.mu/mauritius-vegeterian-restaura…

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19 172 posts
219 reviews
5. Re: Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

If you are going to stay at Le Meridian I would strongly advise you stay on a half board basis to include dinner purely for the convenience, they will cater for vegetarians and dietary requirements as all restaurants do.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
47 139 posts
132 reviews
6. Re: Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

Yes they do have veggie options - veggie burgers etc as do KFC etc.

I am vegetarian and never a problem with hotel food. If there's nothing on the dinner menu I like then a quick word with the chef and he will cook to order.

7. Re: Dinner at Le Meridian Excluded from Package?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2018, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Pointe Aux Piments