We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good accomodation for solo traveller in Flic-en-Flac

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
239 reviews
99 helpful votes
good accomodation for solo traveller in Flic-en-Flac

Hi all, I doing a big trip to the region and flying through Mauritius from Australia.

On the way over i'll be with a photography group and we have booked a place in Trou d'Eau Douce.

I have 4 nights on the way back to Australia, travelling solo. I was thinking Flic-en-Flac, but trying to avoid resorts mostly because i always find they are full of couples etc.

Any suggestions. I was looking at Aanari, but it sounds like there could be loudish music etc. Then looked at Anelia Resort. I'm planning to hire a car also for the 4 days and not really planning to stay on the beach and relax or do watersports.

Otherwise any other place in Mauritius good for solo travellers?

3 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
29 196 posts
3 261 reviews
2 831 helpful votes
1. Re: good accomodation for solo traveller in Flic-en-Flac

You could look at holiday rentals, there are a few in Flic en Flac. Look at the holiday rentals tab above.

Alternatively take a look at Villas Caroline. A three star hotel on a good location which is near a supermarket and bus stops.

west yorks
Level Contributor
292 posts
44 reviews
153 helpful votes
2. Re: good accomodation for solo traveller in Flic-en-Flac

I've just returned from Pearle Beach at Flic

en Flac and quite a few single travellers. Its a smaller hotel and found all guests from different countries very friendly. As Preston says also look at Villas Carolina in the centre. A few bars restaurants and more lively in the evening.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
239 reviews
99 helpful votes
3. Re: good accomodation for solo traveller in Flic-en-Flac

Thanks, I've found a few hotels in the area. So i'll probably go with one of those.

Reply to: good accomodation for solo traveller in Flic-en-Flac
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flic En Flac
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.