We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius in August 2024

Dunshaughlin...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
Mauritius in August 2024

Hi everyone.

Can anybody advise on what's the weather like in August in mauritius please. Planning a trip with 2 small kids and worried it might be too cold cause its winter month. Planning on staying around flic en flac..

Will the sea be too cold to swim that month?? Thank u all.

2 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
29 199 posts
3 261 reviews
2 831 helpful votes
1. Re: Mauritius in August 2024

July/August is the Mauritian winter. However it is not the kind of winter we have in Britain or Ireland.

Their winter weather ranges from warm to hot. The north and west tend to be better as they are shielded from the trade winds.

I have been several times at that time of the year when my kids were of school age.

You might want to aim to go at the latter part of August. It is warm enough to swim in the sea and the pool. There will be an initial chill as you go in the water.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
8 793 posts
71 reviews
98 helpful votes
2. Re: Mauritius in August 2024

We've been once in August to Le Morne which is just south of Flic en Flac. I swam in the sea and I hate cold water. The pools were too cold for me but other people were using them so it should be fine for your kids. The sea is generally warmer than the pools, in my experience.

Reply to: Mauritius in August 2024
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flic En Flac
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.