We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK visitor not needing visa

England, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
93 reviews
54 helpful votes
UK visitor not needing visa

Hi all,

Bit confused, as I have read a lot on these forums about the Kaza univisa for UK citizens, covering Zam/Zim.

But looking on the UK FCO site, and also on the Zambia immigration site, both indicate that UK citizens do not need a visa at all to enter Zambia?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/zambia/entry-requirements#:~:text=British%20passport%20holders%20do%20not,enough%20money%20for%20your%20stay

https://www.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm/nationals-who-dont-require-visa/

Keen to make sure we have the right information, as I believe that any visas must be paid in cash, so need to ensure we keep back enough money if a visa is actually needed. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 958 posts
1. Re: UK visitor not needing visa

You don't need a visa for Zambia. However, you do for Zim and the KAZA visa covers both and allows multiple entries (as long as you don't leave the Zim/Zam zone or only cross to Botswana for a day trip).

Therefore, for people planning to visit the falls and make multiple entries to Zim, it still makes sense to get a KAZA. For UK citizens, a ZIm visa costs $55 for single entry, $70 for double.

England, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
93 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: UK visitor not needing visa

OK thank you. We only need a single entry, as we fly into Zambia, then move to Zimbabwe for a couple of days, then fly out from there.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
5 331 posts
615 reviews
266 helpful votes
3. Re: UK visitor not needing visa

So as Stokey says, better to get a Kaza as it makes financial sense and gives you visas for both Zambia and Zimbabwe.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 958 posts
4. Re: UK visitor not needing visa

I also suspect it will speed you up entering Zim from Zambia- I recently entered Zim from Botswana and sailed through as I already had a visa but there were loads of people waiting for visas.

Whereas I don't think getting a KAZA rather than no visa on entry to Zambia will slow you down significantly.

Reply to: UK visitor not needing visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.