We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
58 reviews
28 helpful votes
Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

Hello can anyone advise if it is possible for UK citizens to buy a Kaza Univisa on arrival at the airport in Livingstone?

It doesn't look as though United Kingdom is on the list of countries that can get this visa, but on the UK government website it suggests we can get it?!

So I'm confused.

I can't buy one online because the system just says I don't need a visa to enter Zambia.

I thought this visa would be useful to have because, although we will be staying mainly in Livingstone, we are going to be flying out of Zimbabwe (VFA) and also I'm not sure how often we might want to cross the border into Zimbabwe during our stay.

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 945 posts
1. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

"It doesn't look as though United Kingdom is on the list of countries that can get this visa"

What list? Please provide a link.

KAZA visa is available on arrival. Don't waste time and energy on the e-visa system, this is intended for people who are not eligible for visas on arrival.

Holmes Chapel...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

I just got back from Zambia. I got a Kaza visa on arrival at the Airport. No problems, I think I paid $50.

We went across to Botswana for a couple of nights and didn't know if that would invalidate the kaza.

When we returned from Botswana back into Zambia the border officer just gave me an additional 4 day visa becuse I was due to fly home out of Lusaka 3 days later. No further fees.

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8 945 posts
3. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

"We went across to Botswana for a couple of nights and didn't know if that would invalidate the kaza.

When we returned from Botswana back into Zambia the border officer just gave me an additional 4 day visa becuse I was due to fly home out of Lusaka 3 days later. No further fees."

Going into Botswana for a couple of days DOES invalidate the KAZA visa, but Zambia no longer charges for visas to UK citizens, so when you re-entered, Zambian immigration would have given you a free Zambia visa.

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
58 reviews
28 helpful votes
4. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

The list is on the Zambia Immigration website here https://www.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm/kaza-univisa/

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8 945 posts
5. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

Then we are on the list, under B for Britain.

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
58 reviews
28 helpful votes
6. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

Ah yes thank you! I was looking under U for United Kingdom!!

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
58 reviews
28 helpful votes
7. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

Update following our trip. We were not able to get a Kaza Univisa in Zambia. We tried very hard on arrival at Livingstone airport and also at the land border crossing and were refused on both occasions, being advised that UK citizens were no longer able to purchase a Kaza Univisa in Zambia and could only get one on the Zimbabwean side of the border. We decided not to bother with the hassle and just to stay in Zambia until it was time to get our flight out of Zimbabwe (VFA) at which point we crossed the border and paid $55 each (total of $220) for a single entry visa - a lot of money for a stay of approximately 3 hours in Zimbabwe!!

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
4 213 posts
123 reviews
119 helpful votes
8. Re: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens

Interesting. But the KAZA would only have saved you $20, although you could have popped over other time(s) during your stay too of course.

Reply to: Kaza Univisa for UK citizens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.