We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KAZA Univisa online

England, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
93 reviews
54 helpful votes
KAZA Univisa online
Save

Hi,

I've seen various posts about people being denied a KAZA Univisa even though they are eligible. I've seen on the FCO page for Zambia that it is possible to apply for this online in advance. Is there any reason we shouldn't go this route?

https://eservices.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm/#/home

Only asking because I've not seen this mentioned as an option in any of the threads where people have raised concerns about potentially not being granted one on arrival.

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 915 posts
1. Re: KAZA Univisa online
Save

The online system is meant for people who can't get visas on arrival. I know people who have used it with success but only those from countries who need to (eg India). I've seen posts from others who have tried and had problems.

In any case, you are posting in the Livingstone forum, so presumably you are arriving in Zambia? I haven't seen any reports of people having problems being given univisas in Zambia, it's Zim that is the problem, and only for some nationalities. Basically if they can get more money out of you by making you buy a single/double entry. For Zimbabwe, the visa fee for British, for example, is higher than the univisa fee.

Zambia has no issues giving out univisas, since for most nationalities a Zambian visa is free, so if you want a KAZA for $50 they are more than happy to take your money.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
5 191 posts
600 reviews
265 helpful votes
2. Re: KAZA Univisa online
Save

OP. Can you please share your source of people being denied Kaza visas on arrival?

Reply to: KAZA Univisa online
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.