We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputable tour company

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
313 reviews
294 helpful votes
Reputable tour company
Save

Hi, my husband and I are staying in Livingstone for a couple of days in March and would like to arrange tours with a reliable company as follows;

Day 1 (afternoon) - river cruise (possibly for sunset but doesn't have to be)

Day 2 Combined visit to both sides of the Falls. We'll be there in mid-March so not sure if we can actually get close on the Zimbabwean side but ideally, we'd really like to see the Falls from both sides. We're quite fit so no problem with walking, getting wet etc.

Late afternoon: 15-min helicopter ride.

Also: airport transfer but I imagine our hotel can arrange that...

Would be really grateful for any recommendations. Many thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
3 837 posts
112 reviews
118 helpful votes
1. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

For seeing both sides of the falls, you just need transfers to/from the Zim falls entrance which I would imagine your hotel could arrange. For other activities have a look here: https://www.victoriafalls-guide.net/victoria-falls-activities.html

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 837 posts
2. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

I suspect your hotel can arrange all of this.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
313 reviews
294 helpful votes
3. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

Thank you very much to both of you and thanks a million for the link, Penguin! That was exactly what I was looking for! I had read Boo's name before as a great contact to assist with arrangements but couldn't find the link again. We're really quite experienced and capable travellers but it will be great to have somebody advise us on the best activities in light of the time of year we are visiting (mid-March) and any border-related issues given that we only have a limited amount of time and will be based on the Zambian side. Thank you again!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

Im a bit late to this but if you can stretch your helicopter flight time to include the gorges, I would. It's pretty spectacular and feels very 'Jurassic Park'.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
5 022 posts
596 reviews
265 helpful votes
5. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

You don't need a guide or tour to visit the falls at all.

We were there last July and visited both sides on our own.

Your hotel can book the sunset cruise for you.

Once you cross the border in Livingstone, it's a 20 minute walk to the Zim side of the falls.

Make sure you request for the Kaza Univisa upon arrival which let's you enter both Zambia and Zimbabwe.

I strongly recommend " The Lookout Cafe" for lunch on the Zimbabwean side. Amazing scenery and food. It's a 20 minute walk from the falls.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
16 posts
35 reviews
33 helpful votes
6. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

I am in Lvn right now. I met a great man - he is a taxi driver locally but also a teacher and has connections with your company’s. He arranged an amazing tour for us and took us everywhere and he is honest and super helpful. I can provide his phone number to call, I’d really recommend him rather than booking o line in advance- he will know best companies

WVJ
Massachusetts
6 posts
7. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

Thank you, Marz! My husband and I are planning our visit for the coming March. Does he speak English? Could we have his phone number?

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
5 022 posts
596 reviews
265 helpful votes
8. Re: Reputable tour company
Save

WVJ

Taxi drivers in Zambia speak very good English.

How is your Nyanja ? 😁

Edited: 31 January 2024, 16:16
9. Re: Reputable tour company

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?

Reply to: Reputable tour company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.