We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flydubai

Darwen, United...
9 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Flydubai
Save

Hi, im just wondering has anybody flown with flydubai to krabi , just wondering what it was like

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Florida - Alaska...
Level Contributor
12 990 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Flydubai
Save

FlyDubai prior to Covid flew to Yangon and then onto Krabi with a 737-800. Right now FlyDubai is not on Thailand's list of authorized airlines, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
8 676 posts
27 reviews
65 helpful votes
2. Re: Flydubai
Save

You are better off going on Skytrax or the Tripadvisor airlines forum where you will get airline reviews but I assume you are wanting to from Dubai which is about 5 hours so would assume it would be like any low cost 737 flight.

ps whilst having nothing to do I went on their website and flights to Krabi have a stopover so 10 hour flights ,

Edited: 20 March 2021, 11:25
London, United...
Level Contributor
966 posts
306 reviews
224 helpful votes
3. Re: Flydubai
Save

I believe that Flydubai is used a lot by migrant workers in order to commute to and from the Middle East and SE Asia, because of the low fares, meaning that it is not the most comfortable of airlines to travel with.

As with any "low cost" carrier you get what you pay for !

Level Contributor
2 114 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Flydubai
Save

Emirates used to operate the route mentioned in #1 Dubai- Yangon- Krabi. For some reason it was taken over by Flydubai. Possibly due to lack of demand and due to the mainly migrant workers wanting cheaper flights.

I know nothing about types of planes, but this route was enquired about a few times on the Myanmar forum, and people who replied said it was a smaller plane with service that was nowhere near as good as when it was Emirates operating it, thou there was still a business class option.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
4 683 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Flydubai
Save

Flydubai is owned by the Dubai government (as is Emirates) and has the same chairman (Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum), but it appears to be a "separate" company. Keith H puts it as "you get what you pay for" with low cost airlines I look at is you don't pay for what you don't want.

Loughborough...
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
15 201 posts
59 reviews
115 helpful votes
6. Re: Flydubai
Save

Hi Mick....isn’t that the same chap who has a daughter who has gone missing? One good reason to avoid Dubai owned airlines.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
41 posts
7. Re: Flydubai
Save

I dont think you're going to get kidnapped bc you're traveling via FlyDubai.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Flydubai
Save

#4 - Emirates have never landed an aircraft in Krabi, it was always operated by a Flydubai 737

Reply to: Flydubai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Krabi Town
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.