We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel?

3 posts
Is it safe to travel?
Save

Hi. I would like to known if it's safe to travel to Krabi and Phuket next week? I have a trip planned for a week. And I am worried about the situation with the flooding of the southern province.

9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4 676 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

Assuming you're here already here, just follow the news. Along with the forecast. Depends what you mean by next week, sun / mon or next fri / sat. Later is better of course, assuming the rains slack off, and where exactly you plan on being when at Krabi or on Phuket.

At the bottom of a hill or next to a stream ... obviously added caution needed.

Taling Ngam...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
6 272 posts
87 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

Currently no one can say what the rains will do. The roads were flooded yesterday, in some areas between Donsak and Phuket in various locations and no though traffic at least with a car! It would be the same to Krabi.

Watch the weather / rain / flood warnings, currently they seem to extend in most provinces in the south. The heaviest rains so far this monsoon season on the east coast at least. So it depends which road you plan to travel.

It's open today... water levels have subsided enough to get through, a friend is doing the trip and says it's not too bad now.

Prepare for the best, but also for the worst!

Edited: 04 December 2020, 12:58
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 814 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

In my experience things change fairly quickly so follow the advise above

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
21 775 posts
4. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

Pe K

1 post

-

Where are you coming from?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 502 posts
50 reviews
25 helpful votes
5. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

there has been NO flooding on phuket this past month!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 285 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

@#2 The highway no. 44 between Surat Thani and Krabi was at no stage ever inundated. There was no flooding in Krabi and Phuket. The flooding was mainly Nakhon Si Thammarat and badly hit were Khiriwong area and Thung Song district, where the highway no. 41 was partly flooded, as well. In the meantime we have very nice weather.

3 posts
7. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

I have been watching the news, hoping the situation would get better. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the information. Good day.

3 posts
8. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

Would be flying in from Bangkok to Krabi. Will stay there for few days and head to Phuket.( 🤞 hopefully)

Edited: 05 December 2020, 07:08
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
17 456 posts
196 reviews
137 helpful votes
9. Re: Is it safe to travel?
Save

Whereabouts in Krabi are you going to ?

Enjoy your trip, & let us know how it went please

Reply to: Is it safe to travel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Krabi Town
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.