We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to S. Marta for Ciudad Perdida, should I stay longer?

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
121 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
Coming to S. Marta for Ciudad Perdida, should I stay longer?
Save

Hello,

In October I plan on visiting Santa Marta to do the Ciudad Perdida trek with my partner. We will be flying from Bogota and wondered whether it was worth extending our trip by a couple of days - perhaps to visit Tayrona National Park beforehand? (I read in a review on TA that if you go after Ciudad Perdida it is a bit of an anticlimax). Or is there not so much to see in Santa Marta?

Thank you!

Colombia
Level Contributor
6 626 posts
217 reviews
141 helpful votes
1. Re: Coming to S. Marta for Ciudad Perdida, should I stay longer?
Save

Def stay longer. Park Tayrona is very beautiful and I don't see how it could be compared to the lost city. It is the beaches that are the attraction and , for me anyway, they are very spectacular.

Also visit Minca, although that yes may be a letdown after the lost city. Take a trip to la Guiajira - amazing place or travel onto Cartagena.

Edited: 6 years ago
Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
121 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Coming to S. Marta for Ciudad Perdida, should I stay longer?
Save

Thank you, bicks! Then I will be sure to include Tayrona in the itinerary.

3. Re: Coming to S. Marta for Ciudad Perdida, should I stay longer?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Marta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.