We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
23 helpful votes
Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Any idea the closure dates for the Parque Tayrona in 2022? I was able to find info for 2021 but not 2022, i have my trip booked, hopefully they're open when we go...

Thanks,

18 replies to this topic
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia, Ecuador, Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena
Level Contributor
4 123 posts
276 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Good question as the lock downs of 2020 unsettled everything.

I know that the scheduled closures for 2021 being: February 1-15, June 1-15 and October 19-November 2 and these dates are probably most typical of what to expect for 2022.

I will research some government websites and see if any specific dates have been published yet for 2022.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Thanks yes o did looked around at the government site etc etc but no luck. I even sent an email (tayrona@parquesnacionales.gov.co ) email for tayrona but haven’t had no luck to see a response. I would appreciate if you did see something around. Thanks in advance. 🙏🏻

Edited: 26 September 2021, 00:33
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4 123 posts
276 reviews
73 helpful votes
3. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Will do Daniel, what dates are you traveling in 2022? I stayed in the park 2 months ago (July 2021) and need to go again, your going to have a great experience.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
23 helpful votes
4. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

I bet it looks very awesome. We will be in Colombia from 02/10-02/23 in Santa Marta 02/18-23. We are staying at this Airbnb and we are thrilled. https://abnb.me/e/nZBI4N1NQjb😍😍🤩😄

Colombia
Level Contributor
6 686 posts
217 reviews
145 helpful votes
5. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

If you are there during the closure of Tayrona times, then I would just go to Los Naranjos / Los Angeles or the beaches around there. Just as good as those in Park Tayrona (los Naranjos is one of my fav places in the world).

Also, a little further on is Costeno beach hostel - this beach is not the best for swimming, but great views and a tropical paradise. The Cayena beach resort is also here which is fantastic if you have the money fo rit.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
23 helpful votes
6. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Hi Bicks Thanks a lot for your tips, those beaches sure do look nice as well, we'll be renting a car during our stay in Santa Marta so distance will not be a problem! We'd be sure to check them out!! :)

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4 123 posts
276 reviews
73 helpful votes
7. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Got to agree with Bicks about the beaches in and around Los Naranjos.

Look what is in store for you as here I am in mid July 2021 hiking down the river Piedras heading to the outlet into the Carribean ocean at Los Naranjos:

https://ibb.co/5Rwk4zQ

And then once you reach the beach at Los Naranjos this beauty is all to yourself:

https://ibb.co/7YSRbWw

I too have been all over the world and I hail from Huntington Beach California where we have some great beaches including Laguna Beach, Newport Beach and Santa Monica and Santa Barbara and yet this place is magical.

Just talking about this makes me want to jump into my car and head north back to Tayrona, which I just may do now.

Edited: 29 September 2021, 19:29
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4 123 posts
276 reviews
73 helpful votes
8. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

And Daniel, since you have a car why not travel further east out to the tip of the Guajira peninsula.

This was mid July 2021 a week after I explored Tayrona Park and made my way to El Cabo, Uribia, La Guajira and place you just need to see and experience:

https://ibb.co/LCsDtK1

Simply an incredible place all it's own.

Godspeed!

Edited: 29 September 2021, 19:37
Barcelona, Spain
4 posts
1 review
9. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Hi Daniel--I'm curious, did you ever find out about Tayrona closure dates in 2022? We'll be in Colombia for the month of February and I'm really hoping there's an open window to visit during that time!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
23 helpful votes
10. Re: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Save

Thank you for all the great tips South American voyager. I’ve checked them out and will have to take a look at a few!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Reply to: Parque Tayrona Closures for 2022?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Marta
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.