We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?

Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
21 helpful votes
How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

Hola! My husband and I have a trip booked to Colombia in just 2 weeks. Can someone please tell us how the curfews are impacting places like Tayrona NP and Minca? Will we need to leave Tayrona National Park by noon on a weekend? Is it even open? And do these rules also apply in Minca? We are trying to determine if we should still come to Colombia or re-book somewhere else. Thank you in advance!

7 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

Great post, as im sure others such as myself have the same questions. Im also going in two weeks to the same places you mentioned. It does not sound worth it and will probably have to cancel as well :(

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

?

Taganga, Colombia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

Tayrona Park will be closed anyway from june 1-15

Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
21 helpful votes
4. Re: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

We will be departing May 31 so that will not effect us luckily. Do you know about the curfews in Tayrona and Minca? Our hotel in Los Naranjos is saying it's around 5/6pm out there.

Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

Maxposeidon do you know about current curfews in Santa Marta and Tayrona? Cartagena just issues stay at home orders on weekends and I'm wondering if there's anything similar in Santa Marta or Tayrona?

Level Contributor
21 posts
6. Re: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

Hello

is there any curfews in Santa Marta right now?

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia, Ecuador, Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena
Level Contributor
4 123 posts
276 reviews
73 helpful votes
7. Re: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Save

@ hadar - I was in Santa Marta last month July 2021 and stayed in both Rodadero and Taganga then drove over into Tayrona park where my hotel was located indside the park and had no issues with curfews but also did not party until 2 AM hehehehe

The covid cases have been on the steady decline in Colombia for the past few months so hospital beds are available, which they use to tie into the curfew/restrictions.

Hope this helps.

Reply to: How are curfews effecting Tayrona and Minca?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Marta
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.