We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Marta early September weather

Braga, Portugal
Level Contributor
140 posts
50 reviews
28 helpful votes
Santa Marta early September weather
Save

Hello all,

Knowing that it is always tricky to predict and would like to know what to expect in terms of weather when we arrive in Santa Marta on September 7th?

I've been reading about it and it will surely be hot, right? I also have read that it is a month with considerable amounts of rain. Does this mean we should expect more constant cloud cover rather than blue skies?

Thank you!

Best,

Mario

1 reply
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia, Ecuador, Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena
Level Contributor
4 123 posts
276 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: Santa Marta early September weather
Save

It is impossible to predict exactly but just anticipate hot weather and rain as this is what it is in this area of the coast.

I was last in Santa Marta (I usually stay in Rodadero) in November 2020 and was fortunate to have decent weather, not so hot along with mostly clear skies BUT was there during the hurricane IOTA and the beaches were closed for a few days because of high surf and also a number of streets in and around centro Santa Marta were completely flooded so had to navigate my car around the floods.

Reply to: Santa Marta early September weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Marta
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.