We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?
Save

We have a flight that leaves Cartagena at 2 pm. We would love to take an early bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena, but is that cutting it too close? If so, are the night buses safe? Thanks so much for any advice!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1. Re: Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?
Save

Do you guys wold say its safe to take pictures like with semi pro camera there?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?
Save

I´ve travel from cartagena to barranquilla several times and i found it safe, besides how crazy drivers are

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?
Save

We would take the biggest bus possible as I have heard the road is bad; but as far as robberies, etc you think it is ok? I have heard to take a bus line that does not stop everywhere to pick up random travelers. Which bus line would your recommend? Thanks so much for your reply!

4. Re: Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 March 2019, 18:15
Colombia
Level Contributor
6 623 posts
217 reviews
140 helpful votes
5. Re: Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?
Save

Marsol door to door minivans unless you are on a real budget

6. Re: Is night bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena safe?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2020, 09:41
Get answers to your questions about Santa Marta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.