We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

East Devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

Hi new to the forum, so i hope i've posted in the correct place!

Thinking of going to Dubai for the first time this year, but don't want to go when it's too hot as we have 2 young kids and we don't like it when it's too humid either. We also like to be able to swim in the pool/sea without it being too crowded - so any recommendations on when is the best time to visit, based on that criteria please?

We were thinking of staying at Jumeirah Beach hotel in April but wondering if it will be far too busy.

many thanks ally

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
53 696 posts
42 reviews
116 helpful votes
1. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

April is possibly the best month to visit for weather, closely folowed by November. Not too hot and the humidity hasn't kicked in.

Jumeirah Beach is a busy hotel but there is plenty of activity to keep the children amused, including a fabulous kids club, Sinbad's, and free entrance to Wild Wadi waterpark.

Obviously, it will be slightly busier if you are there during the EAster school holidays. I don't think it will be far too busy but that's my opinion and only you will really know if it is too busy for you based on your own ideas of what 'too busy' is.

There is a premium leisure upgrade available which gives you access to a separate pool area and also access to a lounge in the evening for drinks and a place for kids to play - that may be worth looking at.

For ideas of things for kids to do in Dubai, please take a look at that section in the Top Questions for Dubai at the top right of the posts page.

East Devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
2. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

Thanks for the information.

Although just having a quick look at the prices and it's £1800-£2000 cheaper to go at the end of May. I know a lot of this will be to do with the school holidays, although it is school holidays at the end of May too. Is it more popular in April therefore dearer?

Therefore, do you know what the weather is like at the end of May?

many thanks

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2 458 posts
1 review
3. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

As Latti says April is a good time, I've been in the first week of June a couple of times, over 40c and the humidity just starting to kick in.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
42 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

We went last May around the 18th for 9 days and the weather was great, in the 90's, I didn't find the humidity too bad either, but only you will know yourself what is bearable and not. Our son was 5 at the time and the heat didn't effect him at all, he was either in the pool or at the kids club. Whatever you decide enjoy.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
53 696 posts
42 reviews
116 helpful votes
5. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

It'll be cheaper at the end of May because it's hotter at the end of May. The cheapest time of all will be July, August and September because it's hottest then and also Ramdan occurs between around 11th August and 10th September.

Personally I would prefer to go in April when it is cooler but as you can see above plenty of people go at other times and enjoy it

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
858 posts
237 reviews
117 helpful votes
6. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

I've been twice in Aug - yes it's well HOT! - but the best deals are then. Also, there were loads of families with small children.

Flights up to 40% cheaper - accommodation with free breakfast's etc. So don't rule out another months.

I will be going again end march early april - I expect I'll find it a little cool ha ha.

East Devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
7. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

Thanks everyone for your comments - April would be better for us to go but as mentioned we are being quoted 2k (bestattravel) more than May. I appreciate it's because of the weather etc....

I presume happyholidayer30 you are going in April this time as it was far too hot in Aug? Are you finding that it's soooo much dearer too - or have we chosen a dear hotel?

SooScotland how busy was it in May? i.e. were the pools crowded etc.. sorry just us but we don't enjoy too much hustle & bustle...

Thanks Latimer for your useful info. too - sounds like you have been a few times.

Dilemmas, dilemmas........

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
11 451 posts
34 reviews
66 helpful votes
8. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

We've lived here for nearly 5 years now and have noticed that while many expats take their families 'home' during the summer months (school holidays - July August), probably as many stay here and have family and friends visit them, with their families of all ages so it can't be that bad.

We would say that the weather at the end of May is no worse than some of the really hot summers that the Uk has experienced (well not recently, of course, but say 2003/2004?) and, of course, Dubai is well set to cope with the high temperatures and increased humidity. Cars, malls, taxis, homes, hotels etc are all air-conditioned (and there are great facilities for children in the malls as Latimer has said), hotel pools are chilled.

From what we've seen it's generally the parents of younger children who get stressed/upset by the heat/humidity rather than their children (understandably so) but the children are usually having so much fun in the pool/kids' club etc that they don't notice.

Just remember the Australian rule - slip, slap, slop - slip on a T-shirt (or whatever), slap on the (high factor) sun screen and slap on a hat.

End May is also slightly less busy than the November - April period because many are worried for the same reasons you have expressed. Hence the cheaper prices - it's the start of the low season here in Dubai.

BTW, we've been here throughout every summer since we moved here in late spring 2005. And we haven't found Ramadan to be a problem, either.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
858 posts
237 reviews
117 helpful votes
9. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

We are going April because we are taking Brilliance of the sea cruise then extending.

This cruise finishes April. Personally, we will go again Aug because it is so cheap compared to other months.

Try Trailfinders no matter what month you choose.

They can get the best rooms and flights prices - we payed £225 for are flights last Aug. Stayed at the Marriot Harbour Hotel/apartment - 2 huge bedroomed free breakfast.

These apartments can seem slightly higher depending on the month than other apartment - but they are quality. Look up on tripadvisor.

East Devon
Level Contributor
58 posts
10. Re: When is the quietest time to visit Dubai?

thanks hugedxb for the really helpful information, (as has been everyones) - can't be that bad then as you say, so we may look at the end of may/june - when the next school holidays are!! Be nicer if it's a bit quieter too.....Yes as you say we would be more worried about the heat than the kids - they just don't notice it do they!!

happyholidayer30 - what office of trailfinders do you go through as i have contacted my nearest which is bristol and they quoted me more than best@travel even though as you say they can get cheap flights. So they were obviously charging an awful lot for the hotel and their quote was for less nights too. Have i maybe just got a bad local agent as i had always heard that trailfinders were good. The cruise sounds good!

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.