We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Salvador

Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
El Salvador
Save

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a laundry room in the resort, also how much is it for the safe

Thanks

elainecleghorn@hotmail.com

Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
20 helpful votes
1. Re: El Salvador
Save

Hola bloomer!

There's no laundry facilities for guests to use at the RDS. We haven't used the safe the past several times we were there but I believe it costs around $2.00 US per day. It may be a bit more but that gives you an idea! You can also get an extra key for your room if you need more than 1...they will ask for a deposit of about $40.00 which is returned on check out. The deposit just covers loss & replacement & is fully refundable.

Hope this helps a bit & I know you will get more accurate replies as to the cost of the safe lock per day.

Cheers! .....Cathy :)

Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
2. Re: El Salvador
Save

Thank you for your reply, did you like the resort..we have never been going for 2 week in Feb?? Any suggestions on rroom location?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
931 posts
51 reviews
567 helpful votes
3. Re: El Salvador
Save

Bloomer, I have been to the RDS 3 times and really liked the resort. Room location depends on what you're looking for. I wanted quiet and as close to the ocean as possible. For that I always got a ground floor in block 2 at the furthest end (beside the little river with a bridge over it). The rooms are just steps to the sand and sorta central for the various restaurants. The other option for quiet and close to the beach is at the beginning of block 1 (furthest away from the lobby). If you are in block 1 or 2 I would recommend a first floor room because the upper floors have only teeny balconies that are basically not useable. Blocks 3 and 4 are newer buildings with larger rooms and larger balconies but most of the rooms are quite close to a pool and some of the views are partially obstructed by palms. Block 5 doesn't really have ocean views. I posted a link recently to a resort map which you should be able to find if you scroll down the forum.

I'm sure you'll love the RDS. When are you going in February? I will be on the flight out of Toronto to San Salvador on February 13th. :)

Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
4. Re: El Salvador
Save

Thanks again for the helpful info, we are leaving out of Toronto Feb 6 to the 20th really looking forward to this trip

Maybe we will see each other on the resort...:)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
931 posts
51 reviews
567 helpful votes
5. Re: El Salvador
Save

Bloomer I think you may be confusing Cathy and I. lol Our profile photos are similar and we're both from London, Ontario (although Cathy has the good fortune to now live in El Salvador permanently). We didn't actually know each other until we both were in El Salvador at the same time looking for beach houses. Cathy has been at the RDS a lot more than I. Anyway, you may enjoy this link (that I just stole from Cathy - lol) - there are lots of wonderful photos showing some of the great things El Salvador has to offer. The resort photos you see are of the RDS. Check it out. (And unfortunately you won't run into me at the resort while you're there because I will be staying at a house this time and I'm not flying home until the 27th).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyjtEkLNp0&feature=share

Edited: 9 years ago
Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
20 helpful votes
6. Re: El Salvador
Save

Hola bloomer!

& Hola again, Heatseeker! lol

I absolutely agree with Heatseeker that the best rooms are at the far end of Block 2--we have been to the RDS 12 times - 24 weeks since 2005 & we always had the same room. I think our names are on it permanently but now that we live here in beautiful El Salvador, someone else gets the honour! It is room 2347 & it has a special place in our hearts! The Juliet balconies on floors 2 & 3 will accommodate a small chair from the room but they are best for standing out & taking in the breathtaking views & taking amazing pictures! And the views at the far end are unobstructed because you are above the trees. The little walk out patios are nice on the ground floor but we always like to be high in the sky so no one is dragging furniture &/or tap dancing above us. lol The rooms in Block 2 start at 2101 to 2150 first floor, 2201 to 2250 second floor & 2301 to 2350 top floor. The location is ideal as Heatseeker posted....located just about central to everything. Perfecto!! Block 1 is also really nice & quiet similar to Block 2. They are the original Decameron before it expanded to include Blocks 3, 4, & 5. We were there for the grand opening of the expansion....it was awesome!

The balconies are nice in Blocks 3 & 4 but the walls are paper thin & some ocean views are definitely obstructed.... & they are noisier being close to the other large pool.

Just a suggestion for you--bring air mattresses if you have them at home. They're perfect for pool floating & they cushion the beach lounges nicely! lol The gift shop usually has them but not always. Also, insulated mugs are ideal as well to keep your drinks cold as it's hot, hot, hot here! You can buy Decameron insulated mugs/cups for $10.00 US which is a nice souvenir too!

If you like to be aware of time, even though you're not supposed to be while on vacation lol, bring a small clock radio as there aren't any in the rooms. And....be sure & go to Costa Azul beach club at least once to see the breathtaking sandy Pacific beaches. Go for a long beach walk, play in the ocean or just lounge around under a palapa & marvel at the incredible water. It's easy to see why El Salvador is one of the 10 top surfing destinations in the world! :D

You've probably already seen on this forum that I can't say enough good things about our amazing friend, Francisco Tobar, who is owner/operator of his private tour guide/driver service. He will make sure you see & do everything you ever dreamed of & much more while you are in this phenomenal country. His prices are excellent because he is private & can offer you more for less! There are guests coming to the Decameron on Monday from Ontario who have Francisco booked for almost the whole week & also another couple in February. Francisco has a very long list of extremely happy Canadian & international clients--he's the one & only to help you experience the real El Salvador! You can email him at thextremetour@yahoo.com or go to his Facebook page...Thextreme Tour.....his page is amazing & you'll be spellbound by what El Salvador has to offer! You can contact Francisco with your ideas & he will customize experiences, sights & sounds for you that will leave you longing for more! El Salvador is hypnotic in it's beauty & diversity! Right, Heatseeker?? :D

If there's anything else you would like to know or are wondering about, please don't hesitate to message me..I'm more than happy to help!! We are living our dream here, loving every minute of it & have learned so much!

It won't be long before you're here & I guarantee you will fall in love & long to return! There are many, many returnees to the RDS who just can't wait to get back year after year!

Enjoy your anticipation of arrival in El Salvador & I wish you very happy & safe travels!!

Salud to El Salvador & the RDS!!.......Cathy :)

Heatseeker....see you in 23 more sleeps!! :D

7. Re: El Salvador

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 11:22
Get answers to your questions about El Salvador
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.