We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in SAL

1 post
Layover in SAL
Save

This will be my first time traveling. We are going from Canada to Guatemala with a 12 hr stop over night in El Salvador. Will I be allowed to leave the airport to get a hotel for the night?

1 reply
Montreal
Level Contributor
427 posts
52 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Layover in SAL
Save

There is usually no problems in leaving the airport for layovers. In fact, being a smoker I do it all the time, whether I stay on the airport grounds or go to a hotel. You might have to pick up your luggage though, just inquire with your airline what the situation is. Usually, if your itinerary is booked all on one ticket or reservation number and with the same airline then they will transfer it automatically. You will have to go through the security process when you return to get your flight to Guatemala (and possibly re-check in your luggage).

Reply to: Layover in SAL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Salvador
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.