We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiev

Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Kiev

Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding Kiev. My and my boyfriend are looking at a city break for 2017.

Safety- Obviously don't be naïve, Petty thieves etc etc we know all of this. My concern is how volatile is Kiev? Any recent political gatherings which were not so peaceful? Dangerous areas?- I am reading mixed reviews in the news and on here.

Things to do? Some suggestions would be great!

Best areas to stay in?

Interesting facts?

Can we visit Chernobyl from here?

Costs of beer, meals for two, snacks?

Best months to travel?

Plus anything else you may want to add!!

We are 25 years old, male and female, travel quite often. Love beers, meeting people, football, eating, cultures and traditions.

Thanks in advance!

Shona

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
4 959 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiev

Who can predict for 2017.

I spoke to my wife (she is in Ukraine at the moment) and compared with last year prices have risen drastically.

Whose to say it won't happen again

Some of the regulars will give prices for Kiev.

At the moment it's very safe.

I stayed in the centre (Independence square) and found it very convenient for all my touristy bits.

As for weather I was there in January (-15c) and August (+35).!!

I guess a good month would be around May/June or September.

Thats only my opinion as a tourist

Look out for Max,Cora and Yulia who are residents with their fingers on the pulse

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
Level Contributor
1 317 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiev

It is safe in Kiev. Best months May ans September. Book Chernobyl tours in advance online. Prices are ok if recalculate in GBPs/euros. Cheap flights direct to Kiev with BA from Gatwick or Wizzair from Luton.

Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiev

Thanks for your replies! :-)... I'm not really that concerned about safety more so our parents...

May sounds good :-)

That's the problem we are closer to Manchester/ Liverpool (a bit more expensive)

How many days would you recommend in Kiev? We usually do 2/3 nights would 3nights be adequate?

Thanks!!!

Shona

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
Level Contributor
1 317 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiev

3 nights would be adequate. If you go to Chernobyl, make it 4 days.

To not overpay for a flight from Manchester, go by train from Manchester to London (Gatwick) and take a direct flight from there with BA or UIA to Kiev. Book tickets in advance, you may get a good promotion price.

Edited: 28 June 2016, 22:51
5. Re: Kiev

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2017, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kiev