We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

I am Asian British need travel advice please to Ukraine with 3 young kids flying to kiev airport then going to see family in Kharkov is it safe ? I am scared because of last year's plane shot down. any advice well be much appreciated, thanks.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

Yes, read all the other similar posts

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
4 959 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

Only you can decide whether you want to go.

Ukraine is safe and has many thousands of tourists each year.

Flying is still one of the safest ways of travelling,despite the tragedy of last year.

Who knows what anywhere will be like tomorrow let alone in March.

I get regular updates from UK Government. Register with them and they will keep you posted.

https:/…ukraine

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

I have traveled to Kyiv and Berdyansk five times in the last two years including during Maidan. I never felt in danger. I have an ex-girlfriend who lives near Kharkiv and she says it's fine there. But like anything, you never know what the russians or traitors will do from week to week.

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

Ukraine is safe for all the tourists, comming to it. From all countries and all nationalities.

Yes, things happen. We are insured of nothing in our life. But people travel, enjoy and get much pleasure of travelling.

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

Traveling to Paris in March 2016 is much more dangerous, i think.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21 670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

Hello khatera_is and welcome to Ukraine forum!

The event you refer to was something impossible to predict. And, watching the news, it gets pretty clear that no one can tell in this crazy world of today where and what can happen next. With this logic, there are few places on Earth to be guaranteed as safe, even your own home. So everyone should be making their own decisions on moving around.

But as someone who lives in Kyiv and goes to Kharkiv regularly, I can not offer you any reasonable arguments for not going. Security situation in both cities is regular. And once you have a family in Kharkiv, they can give you the best idea of what is going on there.

It is, of course, worthy to watch the news and/or asking for updates from your family and/or in this forum closer to your trip. I believe it should be fine and wish you a nice one.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

Yes, you will be safe. I've been there 4 times in the last 12 months. I've landed in Kiev and Odessa many times. Just be prepared for how eager the locals are to form a line when board the plane. I can never get used to that line formation before boarding the aircraft regardless of boarding status. So don't be too timid waiting in line or you will be cut in front of haha! Have a good time!

8. Re: is it safe to travel to Ukraine in end of March 2016 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2016, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kiev