We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Machu Picchu?

Claremont...
Level Contributor
196 posts
32 reviews
9 helpful votes
Two nights in Machu Picchu?
Save

I am deciding between three nights in Sacred Valley at Sol y Luna and 1 night at Inkaterra MP, and splitting it two and two. Would anyone advise whether three nights in the valley might be better spent versus two nights in MP?

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 198 posts
33 reviews
32 helpful votes
1. Re: Two nights in Machu Picchu?
Save

I would go for 3 nights in the sacred Valley & 1 night at Inka Terra. There is much more to see and explore in the sacred Valley.

Staying 1 night in Machu Picchu is enough even if you want to visit MP 2 separate days. Take a morning train and visit MP in the afternoon the 1st day, overnight and a morning visit the 2nd day. Or just explore the town, relax & enjoy Inka terra the first day and MP visit the 2nd day before taking the train back.

Are you going to Cusco after?

Cusco, Perú
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Two nights in Machu Picchu?
Save

I recommend to spend 3 nights in Sacred Valley and 1 night in Aguas Calientes town,

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Salta, Bolivia
Level Contributor
8 541 posts
339 reviews
181 helpful votes
3. Re: Two nights in Machu Picchu?
Save

Unless you want to make two visits to MP or climb a mountain there I would even spend one night in Aguas Calientes. I would rather base myself in the much nicer Ollantaytambo and just get the first train out to AC and an afternoon train back. Use the time save to explore Ollantaytambo itself ( easily half a day or more ) and all that the rest of the Sacred Valley has to offer.

Reply to: Two nights in Machu Picchu?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.