We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long will it take to do Huchuy Picchu and the Citadel?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
How long will it take to do Huchuy Picchu and the Citadel?
Save

Hello. If you buy the ticket for Huchuy Picchu, they allow you to see a part of the Citadel. However, we want to see the whole Citadel. So we are contemplating buying two tickets. How long do you think it will take to complete BOTH of these circuits? We will be going at a normal pace, probably a little faster than most. Need to know soon so I can finalize some things. Thank you!!!

2 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: How long will it take to do Huchuy Picchu and the Citadel?
Save

Hiking up to Hucuy Picchu takes around 20m or even less, so buying a new extrance only for it will not be worth it..

Better to by the Huayna Picchu mt which would be worth it. I mean, buy an entrance to Machu Picchu (Circuit #1) for early morning like 6am, then explore the whole Inca City and by 10am, you can hike up to Huayna Picchu mt (new ticket need it and has to be circuit # 4).

Find our more information: https://machupicchutravelguide.com/huayna-picchu-machu-picchu-mountain-information/

Cheers.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: How long will it take to do Huchuy Picchu and the Citadel?
Save

Thanks Mark. My daughter won't climb Huyana or MP Mountain.

We won't be able to get there are 6 am. More like 8 am. I think we'll get something out of Huchuy because you'll be higher up and we'll see the monument from a different angle. Money is not really an object.

Reply to: How long will it take to do Huchuy Picchu and the Citadel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Machu Picchu
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.