We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HP - boots or sandals

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 226 posts
118 reviews
90 helpful votes
HP - boots or sandals
Save

We have mp and hp booked. Going up hp can you climb in sandals with good grips or do you need boots?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
14 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: HP - boots or sandals
Save

Boots - you will be walking on rocks, stone steps, etc. so protect your toes.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 355 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: HP - boots or sandals
Save

Did both - I just used my broken-in walking shoes.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
22 410 posts
127 reviews
81 helpful votes
3. Re: HP - boots or sandals
Save

You do not need boots. We saw people hiking HP in flip flops. I wouldn't do that but sneakers or comfortable walking shoes are just fine. You don't need special hiking boots. It's not that tough a hike.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 446 posts
840 reviews
2 558 helpful votes
4. Re: HP - boots or sandals
Save

Sneakers would be fine as would boots but not sandals.

5. Re: HP - boots or sandals

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2019, 07:21
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.