We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December 2021 trip

Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
279 posts
76 reviews
271 helpful votes
December 2021 trip
Save

Planning to make a trip for December. Do we need to make island tour bookings in advance? Is it like how it was before pandemic where you expect high number of tourists in island hopping tours especially during peak season? Are tourists allowed to dine in restaurants?

Thank you so much in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Romblon Island...
Level Contributor
332 posts
1. Re: December 2021 trip
Save

I note that you are from Luzon, so you must be a local resident, so you should already be aware that there are no foreign tourists in the Philippines as of early 2020 when COVID closed down the country, and ever since then even domestic tourism by locals was also almost impossible as well, but many places are starting to open back up to local again, with conditions attached.

This is the current status for entry/travel to Palawan, as of November 23.

https://app.philippines.travel/articles/palawan-safety-advisory

I don't know what is happening in El Nido as far as island tours go, i doubt there would be any tours operating given the lack of tourists, however if there are domestic tourists going there, then you might find some tours are available, but i doubt that you need to book anything in advance, just turn up at the beach and check for any tour boats.

Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
279 posts
76 reviews
271 helpful votes
2. Re: December 2021 trip
Save

Thank you very much for your feedback and advice!!

melbourne
Level Contributor
5 931 posts
119 reviews
73 helpful votes
3. Re: December 2021 trip
Save

Email the El Nido Art Cafe, they'll know what the current requirements are.

Reply to: December 2021 trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Nido
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.