We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohol/Panglao safety concerns

London, United...
1 post
Bohol/Panglao safety concerns
Save

Hi all

I have planned a trip to Bohol, but can't seem to feel safe given the regional kidnapping warnings and the incident in May. Although I would only stay in Panglao, for a diving licence, I can't get to relax fully after having read more about the kidnapping warnings and the May incident with an Isis affiliated group.

The May incident showed that terrorists were able to get to the island unharmed, from other islands further south west. The most south western point of the island is panglao. I cannot stop thinking that this makes Panglao extremely vulnerable. I am now considering rerouting my holiday to Boracay instead.

Am I being paranoid here or is this something worth considering?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
31 208 posts
2 962 reviews
3 644 helpful votes
1. Re: Bohol/Panglao safety concerns
Save

Lots of safety threads on this topic already.Use the search function to find these.

BTW there have been no successful terror event in Bohol. It's interesting that you are from London which has had many successful terror events. I would be more worried about my own backyard if I was you.

<<The May incident showed that terrorists were able to get to the island unharmed, from other islands further south west. >>They are also getting to many European cities as well "unharmed" Its a worldwide concern.

Edited: 4 years ago
melbourne
Level Contributor
5 920 posts
118 reviews
71 helpful votes
2. Re: Bohol/Panglao safety concerns
Save

People still go to London despite the terrorist incidents there

3. Re: Bohol/Panglao safety concerns

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2018, 07:19
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.