We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa application tips

Jubail, Ash...
14 posts
Visa application tips
Save

It is a common practice that the embassy will not divulge the reason why your visa is denied, especially going to countries with strict immigration policy. The embassy however will only show the criteria http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/procedure/issuance.html and ofcourse one should always follow that. I know that its a case to case basis for each individual's situation why they would be issued a visa or not. I was denied a visa back in August 2014 from Philippines, my purpose is to just visit my relative there for atleast 2 weeks or anything . I assume that i met all initial requirements because the agency had accepted it. My issue is, what are the tips i should take into consider or suggestion to have a greater chance of my visa to be approved.

I just think the following are some reason why it was not approved.

-I have an exit/re-entry visa from Saudi for 75 days before going back.

-I didn't include a statement of financial capacity because when my sister invited automatically i will stay in her house and she will take care of my expenses when i go there.

-Does including photo of you and your sister together back when you are younger will help? To prove that you are indeed related.

tokyo
Level Contributor
4 569 posts
7 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Visa application tips
Save

Generally speaking yes, countries do not say exactly why you were denied.

I suspect it is because you didn't include financial documentation, which is often required. If your sister was going to take care of your expenses, she would of needed to show copies of her tax documentation and financial information. So she should include her gensenchoshu (tax withholding document) and nozei shomeisho (tax payment certificate) next time you apply as your supporter.

Jubail, Ash...
14 posts
2. Re: Visa application tips
Save

One thing is that my other sisters living in Philippines got a visa couple of times, under the same agency we were submitting our application too. I really didn't look into the documents i submitted because part of them are prepared by my sister and most of them are in Japanese. One thing i know is that i didn't add my own statement of financial capacity, in which the agency didn't look from me. In that case, lets assume ill present my own financial statement and will apply again and to make sure to complete all requirements and add documents that may help more. In your opinion or base on your experience, what things the embassy is now looking into applications now, because even though Japan is relaxing their policy, they are sure changing their internal policy like everytime. Do you have anymore additional tips/suggestion that are beyond the criteria.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 539 posts
393 reviews
531 helpful votes
3. Re: Visa application tips
Save

I believe all you have to do is to submit all the required documents and requirements listed in the Japanese Emabssy (Manila) website. It's pretty straight forward and not as tedious as applying for other visas i.e. US, Schengen, etc. An original bank certificate and Income Tax Return are basic requirements either from you or from a sponsor. Requirements vary and certain conditions apply though depending on the purpose of your visit. There are additional requirements for those visiting relatives.

http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/visiting/

I would likewise suggest that you check your documents yourself even if it was prepared by someone else prior to filing your application. The Japanese embassy has been generous in issuing visas to Philippines citizens as of late and has resulted to the sharpest increase in arrivals from Asia next only to China YTD.

Edited: 6 years ago
Tanay, Philippines
1 post
4. Re: Visa application tips
Save

I applied for a Japan visa last week, March 13, 2015, and just received the result of my application this day, March 20, 2015. Unfortunately, the embassy denied my application. I would like to know the reason why, I have submitted all the pertinent documents, all authentic, from a Japanese National - both my guarantor. And I have my mom who is a permanent resident visa holder for almost more than 10 years now with my little sister and my little bothers... . but my visa got denied... I intended to stay in Japan for 90 days, I applied the visa under "visiting a Relative" I just want to visit my Family. Please tell me why. Can I Reapply visa ASAP? What can I do to get a visa?

I hope to get a reply from your office...

Thank you very much,

Respectfully,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 473 posts
24 reviews
50 helpful votes
5. Re: Visa application tips
Save

Mara-Khoolet--you are posting to an online travel forum We have nothing to do with how visas are granted. You need to contact the embassy, not a tripadvisor forum

Pasay City, Manila...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: Visa application tips
Save

Is it easier to get a tourist VISA. What if my ITR is low, could I send additional documents like Certificate of employment or a pay slip plus a bank certificate, will my visa applicaton get a better chance of being accepted? Planning to go to Osaka in Autumn/ Late November. Just for a week.

Mic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Visa application tips
Save

I am a Filipino and currently working here in Dubai, UAE, holding a residence visa.

Any body here from Dubai, UAE who applied for a Japan Tourist Visa?

I have checked the requirements from the Japan Embassy here. Not really that much.

I think it is easier to apply here, than in the Philippines.

I am planning to go on March 2016. When is the best time to apply for the visa? A month before I travel?

Or earlier? Suggestions please. Thank you!

Edited: 5 years ago
8. Re: Visa application tips

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 November 2015, 12:36
9. Re: Visa application tips

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

10. Re: Visa application tips

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.