We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Vale, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Hi,

Could anyone advise on the best beaches in Bali to swim, with calm waters, no waves, white sand and pristine water?

Thanks

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
2 545 posts
120 reviews
79 helpful votes
1. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Hi,

Have you read this link before https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k9161119-The_Different_Areas_of_Bali-Bali.html?

It will help you to understand what area is the best for you. There are more useful links if you look on the right hand side menu under "Top questions about Bali"

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region, Indonesia
Level Contributor
18 341 posts
125 reviews
144 helpful votes
2. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Bali is not the best beach area IMHO..it's better for Balinese Hindu culture and arts, the tourist scene and all that. You might want to look at Lombok, which is under touristed and is different culturally with the islamic Sasak culture.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
10 729 posts
146 reviews
106 helpful votes
3. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Bali beaches are not worlds best, so lower your expectations. There are some nice beaches though but Bali is volcanic so white sand is not common.

The water color on Nusa Lembongan is amazing.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
13 178 posts
55 reviews
84 helpful votes
4. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Hi Valencia, if calm water, no waves, white sand and pristine water is your requirement, then I agree with the other posts, Bali is the wrong place for you. It is a long way to come to be disappointed so try an focus on what Bali has to offer travelers or chose a different destination.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18 156 posts
83 reviews
85 helpful votes
5. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

>>calm waters, no waves, white sand and pristine water?<<

Thailand? Philipines? Australia? Tahiti? Fiji?

Definitely not Bali where even the nicest beaches don't fit your criteria.

If you come to Bali, search for oher things, as previously mentioned.

If fabulous beaches are your priority, search for another destination or be disappointed.

Southern...
Level Contributor
7 383 posts
92 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Nusa Lembongan would be your best bet.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 961 posts
57 reviews
45 helpful votes
7. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Sanur and Nusa Dua have reasonably whiteish sand, no waves (due to fringing reefs) and clear water. But Bali's black sand beaches are some of the most spectacular views I've ever seen. White foam from waves contrasting against the black volcanic sand, coconut trees and little warungs in the rain.... east coast man, go to the east coast!

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61 585 posts
123 reviews
4 408 helpful votes
8. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

I would say Coron, borocay and El Nido. But those are in Philippines....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
15 023 posts
362 reviews
334 helpful votes
9. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

Bali is not a destination for " white sand and pristine water" yet there are beaches "to swim, with calm waters, no waves". Sanur would be an ideal location for this. The sand is about as "white" as you can get, but it is not what I would class as "white". The beach is protected by an outer reef so ideal for swimming at high tide only, at low tide use hotel pools.

Keep in mind that Bali is so much more than beaches and swimming.

Sight seeing, culture, local people, scenery, artisans and craftsman, hindu religion, temples etc are all part of the Bali experience. If you are solely after "white sand and pristine water" then consider other destinations i.e. Maldives or other places already mentioned.

Washington DC...
1 post
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Best swimming beaches, white sand, clear water and no waves?

The beaches you're looking for are in Dominican Republic, if you do go there make sure you choose a resort on the carribean side, an example of one of the most gorgeous beaches is Bayahibe in La Romana, Dominican Republic. I hope my comment helps!

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.