We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight at Nairobi airport.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
209 reviews
106 helpful votes
Overnight at Nairobi airport.
Save

We were overnight at JKA last July. I had booked a local hotel but found extreme difficulty in getting visas on line, I cancelled the hotel and we stayed overnight in the airport - airside. We had 2 paid sessions - late evening and early morning in the Aspire Lounge and spent the middle part in the main area. Not the most comfortable but could have been worse. Felt no security problems. Better spending less money on 2 lounge sessions that paying expensive hotel and visas for a few hours sleep in hotel.

Ideally would like a lounge we could stay in all night but could not find that. Has anyone found this? We plan to travel again in May to July. Life was easier in the 70s and 80s when we travelled Scotland to Malawi via London or Amsterdam with only one change!

1 reply
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 312 posts
87 reviews
95 helpful votes
1. Re: Overnight at Nairobi airport.
Save

I suggest you just spend the extra and get a room at Crown Plaza; we have found it very comfortable. The Aspire Lounge has its appeals, and we have a pass, but I would not want to sleep there. But, we are in our 70s, and our arthritic bits need care. Oh, to be back soonest! Good luck.

Pirate 🏴‍☠️

Reply to: Overnight at Nairobi airport.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.