We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?

California
Level Contributor
174 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Save

I am looking to book a flight to Mara Keekorok. Do you prefer one over the other ? Why?

Or do you think are pretty much the same?

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 165 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Save

I've flown both and couldn't tell the difference between one or the other.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
499 posts
8 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Save

I prefer Safarilink. Less delays, tour guides speak more positive about them, and a better waiting lounge at Nairobi.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
920 posts
76 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Save

I haven't flown Air Kenya express since 2018 so things may have changed but......

I prefer their Coffee in the upstairs café and I have never had my camera bag weighed by Air Kenya.

Both are absolutely fine as airlines.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 837 posts
4. Re: Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Save

I've only ever flown Safarilink, but when I was waiting for my flight out of the Mara once, there were some very angry people at the airstrip waiting for their delayed Air Kenya flight. My guide commented that Air Kenya are more often delayed compared to Safarilink.

California
Level Contributor
174 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Save

Thank you. I am going to book with Safarilink. Our flight leave NBO at 5.55 pm. I am thinking about book 11.00 am flight that arrives in Wilson at 12.20. I think I have enough time in case of the delay.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1 230 posts
76 reviews
65 helpful votes
6. Re: Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Save

I’ve flown both and haven’t been able to tell the difference. Both have been fine . Once Air Kenya didn’t have enough passengers this was in 2021 and moved us to safari link to Amboseli.

We got on the safari link plane and after the pilots started engine they said plane didn’t pass some checks and we had to get off and wait for a new plane. 45 mins later we got on a different plane which was fine.

Edited: 01 December 2023, 19:38
Reply to: Safarilink or Air Kenya for flight to Masai Mara?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nairobi
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.