We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
28 helpful votes
Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

I just got back from my 10 day trip to Kenya and wanted to put in a good word for our driver in Nairobi - Max Obell.

I was very confused about Uber vs hiring a personal driver based on info in the forums and ultimately decided to get a private driver as the hotel we were staying at (Anga Afrika - excellent) was a little out of the way and i wasn't sure if Uber would come.

I am so so glad we were able to get Max to drive us around in Nairobi. I got his contact from Kath in the Nairobi forum. I was initially hesitant to book as there were only a few reviews about him but I am happy to say that we had a wonderful experience with him and would highly recommend hiring him .

We had 1 day in Nairobi before our safari, Max asked us about our plan and suggested improvements to make better use of our time which was really helpful. He reached before time to pick us up and was with us for almost 12 hours. My husband forgot backup camera battery and Max was super helpful in finding a store to buy it as well as recommend a great coffee shop when jetlag hit. He took us to Giraffe center, Karen Blixen Museum, lunch,Elephant orphanage and dinner to Talisman .

He drives a clean and good Nissan SUV which was very comfortable. We had a great time talking with him through the day and felt like we have a friend in Nairobi now.

Pricing when we visited was about $80 for 10 hours and $10 for every additional hour.

His email is maxwell.nairobi@gmail.com

Hope this information is useful to future Nairobi travelers :)

Thanks

152 replies to this topic
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

So glad to read your review.

I had already contacted him for our trip next year.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 222 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

Anjujha - very nice review and I'm so glad to hear you were happy with Max!

It's always nice to know one's recommendation delivered! 😊

2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

Thank you. Very helpful.

montreal
Level Contributor
949 posts
36 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

Thanks to Kath-I also hired Max for my upcoming trip in November

5. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

Thanks for your suggestions.

2 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

Thank you for your timely review. My cousin and I will be in Nairobi for 16 days volunteering in Kibera and would love to use Maxwell for sightseeing on our days off. We have just emailed him now. Really appreciate the heads up.

Edited: 4 years ago
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
28 helpful votes
7. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

All thanks to you for the recommendation!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
28 helpful votes
8. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

Glad it was useful !

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

Very good to read this positive review as I've booked Max for 2 days the end of Oct.

He's been very pleasant to deal with in the planning stages making good recommendations and he responds to emails in a timely manner.

Now I'm just counting down the days!

Kigoma, Tanzania
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Save

wish maxwell good in guiding

Reply to: Nairobi driver review - Maxwell Obell
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.