We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya budget safaris

6 posts
Save Topic
Kenya budget safaris

Hello, could someone please help with a little on this place. Their prices seem incredible am I have read some reviews that seem legit but I still haven't found enough info to convince me enough. Have already bought the plane tickets for 1st of feb. Anybody have experience with good budget safari outfits? Thanks

13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya budget safaris

We have already done our bookings hoping we are going to have the best after long planning. When do you want to go and what are your interest for the expect to answer you?

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2 534 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya budget safaris

More detail please, such as which place and reviews of which tour company?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
143 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenya budget safaris

Caldwellnc, as you have said, there are so many legitimate travel agents in Kenya, offering different kinds of packages. However, as a seasoned traveler, my advice to you is that too cheap turns out to be very expensive in the long run. An African Safaris should be memorable for years to come. Now, a good budget safari will cost you between $220-$250 per days per person, covering accommodation while on safari, three meals, transport and park entry fees. Note that entry fees to major parks is $90 per day per person, adding accommodation, gas, government taxes etc and you will discover that any safaris blow the $200 mark is a hoax or has a lot of hidden costs which in the long run turns out to be very expensive. Most travel agents will quote less than $200 per day per person and proceed to engage into criminal activities like colluding with gate clerks at the Park entry points to avoid paying Park entry fees, unnecessary delays from one point to another to skip some game drives etc. Masai Mara, Bogoria, Amboseli and Olpejeta are top on my list of what to do/ where to visit while in Kenya. Budget allowing, few days at the coast i.e, Mombasa, Lamu or Malindi are recommended.I have also pm you some other additional ideas in regards to outfitters etc. Hope this helps, good luck.

R.

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenya budget safaris

Thank you so much for the info. The outfitter is called kenya budget safaris run by a lady by the name of esther. So far it seems fine. But as you said you get what you pay for and if you pay close to nothing then you'll get just that. She is charging 120 pp pd. And the tour goes through massai, navasha, and several other places

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenya budget safaris

With 120$ pp pd it's possible to get budget safari but on basic camps accommodation and also is either joining group safari or you are group of 7poeple, with joining group safari where you share Mini Safari Van 9 pax in one Vehicle.

For 250$ pp pd it's for mid range lodges or tented camps. Also with this price for it must be minimum of 5pax in mini safari van. They are all budget Safari but somehow it's deference is accommodation

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenya budget safaris

Getting a budget safari is not bad at all but If you are using one such package, make sure you get to know all the information. Like which hotels you will be using, the type of transportation, if it is a group tour or not, is food included, if park fee included etc. Look up the hotels/lodges online so that you do not get any surprises when you get there. You can have a surprisingly good safari with these budget packages reason being that some of these local travel agents are given HUGE discounts by some lodges and hotels just because they are local and some even know the hotel staff personally.

My advice..... jut get the best you can with your budget.

6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kenya budget safaris

Thank you so much Eduh for your help and response! These budget safaris all look so enticing but sometimes it's difficult to find any information on them. Your response was very reassuring though. Thanks

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
143 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kenya budget safaris

From experience I will personally discourage you on picking such a tour package. I will STRONG DISCOURAGE YOU...Look, park entry alone in major parks including Masai Mara is $90 per day per person. Cost of accommodation in a clean budget/ mid range is between $45-$50. And you have not added up the cost of transport, gas etc. Unless there are some hidden costs. $120 just does not make any sense..

R.

9. Re: Kenya budget safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2016, 07:17