We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Tours

Is it possible to see the featured things to do without joining an organised tour ? We would like to do the Turtle swim and the waterfalls and blue lagoon . Can we do them if we hire a car ?

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Tours

Hi Jeff,

You can do all of the above sights independently, but you need to pay an entrance fee to each place.

In Vanuatu, there is often a small charge to swim at a beach, river or lake, even when these places don't appear to be commercial enterprises. This fee is collected to help support the local community or village (usually about 500 Vt per person).

Have a lovely trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
829 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Tours

Hi,

With a car, you are free to do any of the activities independently. Keep in mind they also drive on the other side of the road to us.

If you are there for one day via cruise ship, I would recommend hiring driver & van for the day. If you are staying there for a couple of days or longer I would definetly recommend having your own car to come & go as you please.

Karen

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
21 posts
3. Re: Tours

Hi Karen,

Just for your info, hire a car cost too much. On the other hand your visit here in Port Vila is to help our local Business, Buses and Taxi.

Therefore,

I will recommend Stephen Nase, well train driver, middle age, well spoken English language, certified ambassador. He has all the answers of your need. He has best Affordable prices and offers.

Please contact him through his email: portvilavoyage@gmail.com

Thank you

Elise

4. Re: Tours

Hello, unsure when you arrive in Port Vila, but we have always used SEE THE REAL VILA TOURS (see website). Charlie is friendly and speaks fluent English. A day tour can include those places you named. Entry fee at the Turtle Sanctuary included a lovely BBQ meal.

Reply to: Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila
Recent Conversations